Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #3217
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: What movies have you seen recently? Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I'll have to check this one out, saw it was available on netflix for instant watch.
Yep that's how we watched it. I really liked it. As did the wife and kids.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #3218
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Dispicable Me with the GF. Cute movie. Made her happy so....win!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #3219
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I watched Motocrossed. It's about a motorcross rider that gets injured then his sister cuts her hair and fills in for him while their dad tries to find a new rider. Was what it was. (Made for TV family movie. )
This is a Disney channel original movie, one if never watched though lol
Old 03-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #3220
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I watched Motocrossed. It's about a motorcross rider that gets injured then his sister cuts her hair and fills in for him while their dad tries to find a new rider. Was what it was. (Made for TV family movie. )
Love this movie.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #3221
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Love this movie.
Third best Disney Channel movie behind Brink/Johnny Tsunami
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #3222
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
Third best Disney Channel movie behind Brink/Johnny Tsunami
I'll put Motocrossed in front of Johnny Tsunami. I'm also a sap for The Luck of the Irish for some reason, so it might be #3 for me.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #3223
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'll put Motocrossed in front of Johnny Tsunami. I'm also a sap for The Luck of the Irish for some reason, so it might be #3 for me.
I really liked the Halloween one where they have to save that Halloween town.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 03-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #3224
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

The King's Speech

I went and saw it with my mom last night. It was one of those movies where on the surface looked pretty limited and slow-paced but I would find a silver lining in it that would intrigue me enough. That said, it met those expectations and was pretty dazzling cinema nonetheless. A movie with very little substantial material but a fine way to stretch it out into an Oscar-worthy screenplay.

Of the directorial moments I did enjoy, I was certainly not a fan of the off-center rule of thirds shots. Yes, they're used all the time in cinema, but the other way (as in, the character on screen will balance the shot by facing the other two-thirds of the screen, not the same third that he/she's on). I felt like it was an example of trying to be unique for uniqueness's sake, and when they varied it in height as well it became more annoying than anything else. I can perhaps find some artistic merit in it for some scenes, but there were other times where I couldn't exactly pinpoint it. It was rather egregious despite everything else I did like about the directing.

The music was exceptional, I was truly a fan! I still don't know what The Social Network was doing in the original score nominations, especially when I can name three movies that should have dominated it easily (The King's Speech, Inception, and How To Train Your Dragon). Great score and sound all around, this was really the deal breaker that kept me in the movie the whole way. Well, that and Colin Firth.

Now for a complaint with the MPAA. For anyone who has seen this movie, I would like to have an internal discussion on its rating. I know they use the F-bomb maybe over twenty times in the film, but if you saw it then you know where it was inserted, and why I think this movie should have been given a PG-13 rating. This was the only reason it got an R-rating, and it was used no differently than the way Robin Williams used the "s word" in Bicentennial Man, a movie with a PG rating. Not only does this lose me, but now supposedly they're going to re-release the movie next Friday with this stuff edited out for a PG-13 rating. I don't know, I think cutting this portion out of the movie really does take a lot out of it. I want to know other people's opinions on that.

Otherwise, an enjoyable, though not often replayable, film that in many ways I'm glad took over The Social Network in certain categories (a movie I find pretty overrated though I thoroughly enjoy).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »