Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Who wins Super Bowl LIV? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #3969
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Just watched the Tourist. It was alright. I predicted the ending about half way through the movie.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
Old 08-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #3970
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It: This movie was actually pretty funny. Not a bad spoof movie. Bryan Callen is funny. Some parts were just stupid and not funny, but I laughed a lot more then I thought.

Skyline: I've heard nothing but terrible things about this but found it to be a decent watch. Good special effects and designs and some incredible action, but some of the characters and stupid decisions were annoying. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I wish some of the dialogue was better. I enjoy these types of disaster or alien invasion movies and this one didn't disappoint.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #3971
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

I watched Thor last night and thought it was awesome. With all the costumes and subject matter it could have easily turned into a camp, embarrassing mess but they did a good job of holding it all together. Chris Hensworth was awesome in the lead role imo and the special effects were top notch.

A solid 8/10 from me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 01:07 AM   #3972
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Unstoppable

Tony Scott has finally edited a movie to toleration, although the camera work and sound departments could have been a little less chaotic.

This movie was pretty strong for such a "simple" source of mayhem. It could have worked with or without Denzel Washington and Chris Pine at the helm of the cast list, but it was nice to show concern for how the characters potentially turned out in the end.

After seeing the film, I briefly researched the inspiration for this film, and thankfully there were actually a lot of pretty close resemblances. There were obviously major exaggerations for entertainment value, but this isn't like the dramatization that Invincible was or something. I strongly recommend it.

Dinner for Schmucks

It began with some promise that the film could actually provide some intelligence in the screenwriting (obviously not in the characters), then quickly turned a corner when Steve Carell's character came on screen.

During the first hour of the movie, I saw myself screaming at the TV more then I could sit back and watch stupid mishap after stupid mishap happen to Paul Rudd's character. During the second hour of the movie, I just buried my head into my hands at the sheer puerility of it all.

When the dinner scene came around, I counted at least six times that I hoped they were actually going to conclude it, but they just kept going and going, making it more ridiculous with each advancement.

Wretched garbage, it was. I don't even know how to describe/explain Jemaine Clement's role, let alone Zach Galifianakis. I don't know how these movies get green-lit.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #3973
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Doubt: Great acting from Meryl Streep, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and Amy Adams. Great dialouge and overall a excellent movie. Recommended.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #3974
Banned

OVR: 4

The Ring - started getting kind of bored mid way in, then by the time the turning point happens
Spoiler

I got really bored and switch channels.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World was on - so I ended up watching that instead - great movie, too. A little bizarre, but really entertaining.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #3975
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by st67
The Ring - started getting kind of bored mid way in, then by the time the turning point happens
Spoiler

I got really bored and switch channels.
WTF! Keep watching!

I guess I'm biased toward my favorite scary movie, though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #3976
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I never really thought The Ring was anything special, though its been several years since I've watched it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »