Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #4377
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Amanda Michalka...oh my. I didn't know who she was,was apparently in The Lovely Bones but I don't remember her. Then I wondered if she was Aly Michalka's sister and she is. They were Aly & AJ. I thought those 2 disappeared from the face of the planet or were assimilated into Disney somehow.
One of them was the best friend of Emma Stone's character in Easy A, I believe. She was smokin'.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #4378
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Case 39: A decent horror film starring Renee Zellweger and Bradley Cooper. The little girl was freaky. The storyline was predictable but I enjoyed it.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #4379
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I saw The Big Year yesterday, and really liked it.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 11-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #4380
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

I saw 500 days of summer, pretty good flick, didn't expect it to be so funny
Old 11-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #4381
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
One of them was the best friend of Emma Stone's character in Easy A, I believe. She was smokin'.
That was Aly. I knew of her from Bandslam,I just didn't know that was the same Aly from Aly & AJ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 02:23 AM   #4382
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Horrible Bosses

Made it a blind-buy when I found it cheap at Best Buy ($12). This movie has some okay replay value, and wasn't bad, though wasn't the comedy of the year or anything.

Most characters were easy to like in one way or another, even the targeted bosses. Aniston was awesome in her role! Charlie Day's character was a bit of a toss-up... his acting made for some annoying moments that took me out of the moment, but on the other hand he had some excellent comedic timing. Jamie Foxx also had some gold scenes.

The good thing about a film like this is it doesn't have time to really fall off once it decides to pick up. There isn't time to involve drama or anything in a film like this, yet it isn't too slapstick to be ridiculously stupid like Date Night decided to be. It's engaging enough to decide to stick around and see what happens by the end, which wasn't rushed at all.

I saw the "Totally Inappropriate Edition" of this film, which is like over ten minutes longer, so I'll have to check out the theatrical version next and see if it helps take out some of the unnecessary raunchiness (pretty much in dialogue only) and will actually better the film. However, most of the stuff that I saw was okay in the movie as it was. I don't really see them removing any scenes, but just trimming the fat off some of them.

I'd recommend it either way. I don't think it will come home with anything in the fan's hearts, but the good cast helps support the granular script. I also thought that the picture was beautifully saturated, contrasting, and dealt greatly with dark tones.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 11-28-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #4383
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Sucker Punch. Near perfect from a technical standpoint. Top notch audio and visuals.

The fighting sequences were amazing with well done CGI. The plot and everything else in the movie were meh.

If I re-watch it'll be just skipping to the fighting.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #4384
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

30 Minutes or Less

Decent I suppose. The problem was the sidekicks stole the show and the main characters weren't particularly intresting. Loved the ending. Could've done without the post credits scene. I just let it run because I liked the songs,didn't know there was one. Though I suppose that means in the end...
Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »