Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #4801
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Went and saw Safe House last night. Really good movie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #4802
Pro

War Eagle!'s Arena

OVR: 4

Pretty good movie. Just crazy they were literally fighting for a hill that ain't mean nothin!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #4803
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Girl with The Dragon Tattoo

I though this was an excellent movie if a bit muddled here and there. The mystery was handled pretty well but I had an inkling of who the serial killer was. The whole deal with the original reason Craig's character was looking into all that stuff didn't impress me too much. (won't give it away) There are a couple things I thought could've been fleshed out though like just WHY is Lizabeth (the girl with the dragon tattoo) is so effed up. Yeah they say she's a ward of the state and lived a hard life but c'mon. I'm also no clear how someone with such status could become such a genius computer hacker, master of disguise and generally being a not very nice person.

At least I've now heard there's a Swedish movie as well as the book to look out for so maybe they can flesh things out. I really liked the characterization of Henrik and his rather um, crazy, dysfunctional family and hope they get more time and focus in the other movie and book.

Overall I give this about 8 out of 10. I thought the ending of the movie was a bit overlong as well, still Craig does a great job in his role and I enjoyed it.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #4804
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Before Sunrise

17 years late to the party, but I really enjoyed this film. Very simple. Hearing the title and seeing the cover, I always thought it was a chick flick. It is not.
I always enjoyed that movie, haven't seen it in a long time now though. The sequel was just as good.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #4805
MVP

Zer0xray's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Before Sunrise

17 years late to the party, but I really enjoyed this film. Very simple. Hearing the title and seeing the cover, I always thought it was a chick flick. It is not.

check out the sequel. wonderful movie. i enjoy it more than the first one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #4806
MVP

Zer0xray's Arena

OVR: 10

watched a few movies past few days.

Johnny English Reborn - was pretty good. i enjoyed it alot. i dont really remember the first one, but this one was done really well.

Martha Marcy May Marlene - what a slow movie and such a ambiguous ending. Elizabeth olsen was really good...she can act unlike her sisters. I'm looking forward to seeing her in liberal arts.

Safe House - can a movie be anymore clear with their "twist" in the beginning of the movie? i was just waiting for the reveal the entire movie. I was pretty disappointed in the movie.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #4807
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Girl with The Dragon Tattoo

I though this was an excellent movie if a bit muddled here and there. The mystery was handled pretty well but I had an inkling of who the serial killer was. The whole deal with the original reason Craig's character was looking into all that stuff didn't impress me too much. (won't give it away) There are a couple things I thought could've been fleshed out though like just WHY is Lizabeth (the girl with the dragon tattoo) is so effed up. Yeah they say she's a ward of the state and lived a hard life but c'mon. I'm also no clear how someone with such status could become such a genius computer hacker, master of disguise and generally being a not very nice person.
it starts in the first novel, but The Girl Who played with Fire expands more on what happened to Lisbeth than this novel.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #4808
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
it starts in the first novel, but The Girl Who played with Fire expands more on what happened to Lisbeth than this novel.
Oh so it's a series of novels?

Looks like i'll have to go to my library once I return home on Saturday.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »