Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 11:15 PM   #65
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What movies have you seen recently? Part 1

Drag me to hell, very interesting movie. Finally a movie that doesn't try to scare you or frighten yous, but actual does. The atmosphere and mood throughout the movie was superb. I've waited so long for a decent horror flick and this one has it spot on.

Movie wise: 8.1/10
Horror wise: 9/10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #66
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Saw Kalifornia last night, thought it was pretty funny. Wasn't the best movie but I thought it was pretty good.

Also saw There Will be Blood last night, it was decent but not really my type of movie.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #67
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I watched Ghostbusters on blu ray last night - awesome stuff. Signourey Weaver is pure fire in that.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #68
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Watched the new Friday The 13th last night on Blu Ray. I saw it in the theater and still liked it a second go around. The first 15 min or so are outstanding.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 06-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #69
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

I had to sit through Gods and Generals with my brother recently(it's one of his favorite movies...seriously...) and it's easily the most painful thing I've ever had to watch.

I could have read an A-Z encyclopedia in the time it took to finish this piece of crap. All of the characters had zero depth, there were painfully long and predictable speeches, and the movie seemed incredibly pompous which is hilarious considering I don't think it received a single good review. Not to mention it was just brutally boring. Even the battle scenes lacked any terror or desperation of war and would just put you to sleep.

The level of slant toward pro-confederacy in it was just sickening as well.

STAY AWAY from Gods and Generals.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #70
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbzilla558
I had to sit through Gods and Generals with my brother recently(it's one of his favorite movies...seriously...) and it's easily the most painful thing I've ever had to watch.
I could have read an A-Z encyclopedia in the time it took to finish this piece of crap.
So true. I couldn't make it past 20 mins.

Another loser to just come out is Powder Blue. Sure some of you guys would drool over some of the Beils scenes, but it's not really worth it even wasting your eyesight glossing it over at the movie store or your effort clicking your mouse to order it online. Steer clear.

P.S. Forrest Whitaker plays a...... (wait for it) ...... pained, despondent, sometimes angry man. Yikes....what a stretch.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #71
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Watched "Synedoche, NY" yesterday and was totally blown away. I plan to keep it on NetFlix over the weekend and try to watch it at least once more, probably twice just to absorb the whole thing. Left me with a melancholy feeling I haven't had in quite some time and I just kinda sat there for 30 minutes or so processing the film after it ended. The symbolism, the emotional honesty, and the epic scope of the movie is just amazing. It's a lot to absorb at first and I was getting my bearings throughout the movie, but it's well worth the time and emotional investment... best movie I've seen in years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #72
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbzilla558
I usually like historical movies but yeah that one was dreadfully boring. If you want to see a better movie with a Civil War theme that is slanted a bit towards the Confederacy then watch Gettysburg (1983). It's a MUCH MUCH better movie.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »