Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 07-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #7201
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

1. Star Trek
2. Despicable Me 2 (saw an early screening. LOVED IT)
3. Man of Steel
4. Iron Man 3

Really enjoyed all four movies (though my enjoyment of Iron Man 3 is slowly sliding down as I continue thinking about The Mandarin).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #7202
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
I haven't gone to four movies this summer, just don't have the money and wife doesn't want to go so..

Only movie I got to see what Star Trek: ID and I loved it. Wanted to see Iron Man 3 but it's out of the theaters now, maybe I'll go see Man of Steel but I doubt it if I'm going alone.

I did just see 'Perks of Being a Wallflower' last night and it really got to me. I was surprised by this film, very well done and affecting.

I know someone said it was too 'angsty' for them, but given what the characters are dealing with I didn't feel it was angsty at all.
No worries man (went and changed the minimum to 3 lol). Good stuff.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #7203
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

1. Man Of Steel
2. Iron Man 3
3. Pain & Gain

Other movies I haven't seen that I want to, but low on the cash this summer so may just wait for Blu Rays or other ways. Still have yet to see Star Trek, This Is The End, Monsters U, 42, etc.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #7204
Rookie

OVR: 0

1. Star Trek
2. 42
3. Man of Steel

Star Trek is the only one I really enjoyed. Looking forward to Wolverine.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #7205
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
1. Star Trek
2. Superman

3. Iron Man

4. 42

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #7206
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

So I watched Broken City (2013) and as someone said this does feel like a bit of a filler movie for both Wahlberg and Crowe but I thought it was pretty well crafted. Some of the supporting actors were a bit iffy. (The lady that played Wahlberg's girlfriend was cringeworthy when he fell off the wagon and started acting like a jackass at the movie premiere.) but some of the others were pretty good in Jeffrey Wright and Barry Pepper who I kept thinking was James Spader D'OH!

Anywho, the story tried to be a little too clever for its own good but I thought it was pretty well done and it kept my interest. In a lot of ways it reminded me of a 1940s crime/corruption drama and I could see a William Holden or Dana Andrews type in the Wahlberg role. I did think Crowe tried a little too hard at times to be villainous as the corrupt mayor what with his grovelly low voice which made listening to his dialogue a bit of a strain to my ears.

As far as a low profile kind of film goes this is pretty good and gets a recommendation. I give 2 1/2 stars.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #7207
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Escape from Planet Earth 3D. Not quite Pixar quality, but a pretty good animated movie. The 3D was solid, but not needed. Several good pop outs.

Parker. Better than the usual Jason Statham action flicks. Very gritty.
And J Lo is still hot.

Last edited by GAMEC0CK2002; 07-02-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #7208
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Pirates! Band of Misfits - I haven't seen any impressions of this on here, but had heard its a pretty underrated movie from other parts of the internet so I blindly bought for $10 the other week. It is a blend of stop motion and CGI animation about a band of pirates vying for the Pirate of the Year awards. They go hunting for booty and wind up squaring off against Queen Victoria of England. This reminds me of How to Train Your Dragon in a way simply because it has its own tone and style distinctly different from most animation movies (ie: Pixar) and tells a good story with good characters that both children and adults can enjoy rather than succumbing to cliche tricks and jokes. Hugh Grant as the Pirate Captain is charming and quick-witted (even if a bit aloof at times). The rest of cast features Charles Darwin the scientist, Mr. Bobo the flash-card-talking chimpmanzee, and Martin Freeman as Captain's #2. Its fun and clever and feels fresh. Very underrated and immediately one of my favorite animated films.
I couldn't agree with you less on this movie. I remember watching this months ago as I thought it was the same crew that brought us Chicken Run and Wallace and Gromit. We waited for this to get funny and it just always seemed to fall flat at every turn. It just didn't seem to flow like Chicken and Wallace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »