Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 12-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #7969
The Future

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Watched Dark Knight Rises for the first time since the theater. Much better movie second time around, imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #7970
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Late night Netflix browsing, watched Escape from LA. Cheesy? Sure. Still a great movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
You might have a slight point there. I think Keaton was PERFECT as Bruce Wayne. His Batman was adequate, maybe even a bit stiff but you know what? I think that's a great way of interpreting the character as I think that's how a real life rich guy would be Batman. One aspect I liked about Keaton is that his Batman was pretty much even keeled and determined as opposed to Christian Bale who tried to be a force of nature what with that annoying gravelly voice and being all "I'm the Goddamned Batman!" in his persona. I also found that Bale was too busy being super serious with no room for other emotions. Yes, Keaton's Batman was pretty serious but I always got the feeling that he'd eventually lighten up at some point. His Batman looked like a guy who'd eventually have a Robin, Bale does not.
Exactly. Batman Returns is my favorite Batman film, if only for little moments like turning the Batmobile around to roast the fire breathing clown at the start of the film. Even with the new "trilogy" of Bale films, which I do like, Keaton is still a solid Batman.

Last edited by LambertandHam; 12-19-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #7971
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

I was able to watch a couple of movies the other day via the 'Flix and other.

The Class of '92(Sports Doc on Manchester United, ala 30 for 30) and Prince Avalanche(Paul Rudd movie)

I actually did a video blog for this. It would mean a lot if you all took a peek at it and critique it.

That would be swell.

Blog Review please be kind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #7972
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Die Hard - I consider this a Christmas movie much to my girlfriend's dismay. Anyway, I always forget how much of a comedy a lot of the dialogue actually is.

"Hope that's not a hostage."

Old 12-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #7973
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Snitch with Dwayne Johnson, Susan Sarandon, Barry Pepper (one of my favorite actors), Jon Bernthal (Shane from TWD), and Benjamin Bratt.

Typical action movie but one of The Rocks movies that I thought was above average. Strong cast but Jon Bernthal seemed to still be in The Walking Dead mode. LOL!
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 12-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #7974
Banned

OVR: 6

Fruitvale Station - A movie about the BART shooting in Oakland which made headlines a few years back. Its mainly about the last days of Oscar Grant and the incident at the station.

I didnt expect much from a first time director but I was wrong. The director has a good sense of what the scene is like in Oakland. The actors talk and act Oakland. I remember the main character who plays Oscar Grant as that Wallace kid from HBO's The Wire and Chronicles.

After watching this I have nothing but sympathy for Grant and his family. Fruitcake Station isn't for everyone but personally I really enjoyed it. 8/10.

Sent from the emerald city

Last edited by UWfan206; 12-19-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #7975

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Watched a couple movies, not one to write up a lengthy post on each.....

Red 2 - I enjoyed the first one, didnt care for the second one nearly as much and not even sure why but just didnt appeal to me nearly as much as the first one did.

2 Guns - Enjoyed this movie quite a bit, had some solid action and Mark Wahlberg had some good lines throughout the movie that made me laugh.

The Family - Didnt see a lot on this but was intrigued since it had De Niro and Pfeiffer in it and I really liked it, thought the story telling was solid, thought any time they tried to interject comedy it was done well and the payoff at the end was pretty solid.

Tonight is Don Jon then The Wolverine and Man of Steel to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #7976
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Watched a couple movies, not one to write up a lengthy post on each.....

Red 2 - I enjoyed the first one, didnt care for the second one nearly as much and not even sure why but just didnt appeal to me nearly as much as the first one did.

2 Guns - Enjoyed this movie quite a bit, had some solid action and Mark Wahlberg had some good lines throughout the movie that made me laugh.

The Family - Didnt see a lot on this but was intrigued since it had De Niro and Pfeiffer in it and I really liked it, thought the story telling was solid, thought any time they tried to interject comedy it was done well and the payoff at the end was pretty solid.

Tonight is Don Jon then The Wolverine and Man of Steel to come.
Funny you mention 2Guns and Don Jon. Those are the exact 2 I plan on seeing next.

Sent from the emerald city

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »