Home

LCD or OLED? - The TV Thread

This is a discussion on LCD or OLED? - The TV Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #7001
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: LCD or OLED? - The TV Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I've had the 65" Vizio P series tv for a few months now. Love the tv overall, but there is one thing that frustrates me and I don't know if there is a solution to my problem. I've been watching a lot of hockey lately (Go Blues!) and because the picture has pretty much a white background because of the ice color, I'm able to see the led lights ever so faintly. Conversely, I don't have this problem when watching on my Samsung KS8000.

Is there a suggestive setting I could make in the picture settings?
Probably dirty screen effect. Although I don't know for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #7002
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Some might remember I got the Vizio P55 a few months ago. Well I really hate to say it, but it turned out to be a horrible decision. I know overall it's a good TV, but I apparently have the worst luck with TVs than any other human on earth.

Everything was fine for the first month or two. Then all of a sudden I started getting weird horizontal lines flashing across the screen. Did the normal trouble shooting and it was still there so Vizo sent me a "recertified" replacement. Well I get that and do a DSE test on it and there is a huge brown blotch in the middle of the screen with smaller brown streaks coming out from it.

So then I talk to Vizio again and ask if they can send me a brand new one. So they did. Got that set up and as soon as I got it up and running, there are multiple dead pixels on the screen. At this point I'm just like you gotta be kidding me. So I talked to them again and told them I no longer wanted the TV.

I asked for a refund. So they told me they don't usually do that but they would run it up the ladder and see what they could do. So they called me back today and told me they can give me a refund. So I took it.

They are gonna send me a box to pack it up and ship it back along with the RMA. Then they said I'd get check in a few weeks.

Unfortunate because when it worked it was a great TV. Won't be going with Vizio again after this.

So now I'm back in the market. Only problem I face now is that the differences in price related to quality is is quite wide. I think my next step up would be x900f and the best step down would be the TCL6. So not sure what to do now.

Definitely open to suggestions. I can't go any higher that the price of the x900f 55

Last edited by PVarck31; 05-14-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #7003
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

That Sony 900F and the LG Nano is the best you can do for $1,200. They do have a Samsung Q60 for that price too, but I really don't like the entry level QLEDS.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:56 PM   #7004
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
That Sony 900F and the LG Nano is the best you can do for $1,200. They do have a Samsung Q60 for that price too, but I really don't like the entry level QLEDS.
Yeah I think I'm almost set on the 900f. I don't really know anything about the LG Nano though. I can't find any reviews on it. Was hoping rtings had their review for it.

It's a little cheaper than the 900f. So wondering how it compares.

Also saw Scott mention the RU8000. For either of you, how much quality would I be losing going from the Vizio P to the that tv?

Also, what about the Samsung Q60?

Last edited by PVarck31; 05-14-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:20 PM   #7005
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Some reviews of the Q60

LG Nano Cell Review

LG Nano Cell have 4 HDMI 2.1 inputs and eARC. 4K 120fps IPS panel, full array local dimming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2019, 11:24 PM   #7006
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Thanks man, appreciate it.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:37 AM   #7007
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Was just reading about how the x900f seems to have some severe HDR issues and especially with DV. Now I'm kinda turned off. HDR/DV is really important to me. Or a Samsung with HDR10+ would also be find but not sure if there is a good enough one in my price range.

Also looking at reviews, they are saying the Q6FN is better than the Q60 due to the Q60 having less HDR peak brightness. That's kind of surprising.

Last edited by PVarck31; 05-15-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:31 PM   #7008
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

After talking with some other people and more research I ended up ordering X900f

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »