Home

What concerts have you been to lately?

This is a discussion on What concerts have you been to lately? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2019, 09:14 AM   #121
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What concerts have you been to lately?

Wife and I went to A Day To Remember concert over the weekend. Never been to a metal concert before as we typically go to concerts like Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco but this had to be one of my favorite concerts of all time. The energy they brought was just awesome and they put on a heck of show. Will definitely be seeing them in concert again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 09:39 AM   #122
Rookie

krtgolfing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
It really was. Beginning to end it was great. The opening act was Avatar. I had never heard of them before, though they are apparently pretty big. They put on a great performance., I was almost sad to see their act end. Then we get Babymetal who obviously were amazing. The crowd was so into it. The energy was unreal.

There is a clip floating around somewhere of Babymetal's first song. One of the venue crew guys who stand in front of the stage was bobbing his head while things are dark and all we have is a sick guitar riff. Then Su starts singing and he just slowly turns his head around like "wtf". Classic first time Babymetal reaction.
Based on the date of the post I am guessing this was at the Roxy in Atlanta. I saw Avatar in Charlotte the following night (no Babymetal). They always kill it live! Avatar was my last concert.

EPL - Liverpool FC
MLB - Atlanta Braves
MLS - Charlotte FC
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
NFL - Carolina Panthers
NHL - Carolina Hurricanes
Old 10-02-2019, 10:32 AM   #123
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Wife and I went to A Day To Remember concert over the weekend. Never been to a metal concert before as we typically go to concerts like Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco but this had to be one of my favorite concerts of all time. The energy they brought was just awesome and they put on a heck of show. Will definitely be seeing them in concert again

Saw ADTR on the House Party tour 6 years ago with All Time Low, Pierce the Veil, and The Wonder Years... I hadn’t been to a show with so much production before. They “blew up” a “helicopter” at that show. Not gonna lie I almost hit the floor when that happened. Lol

“Biggest” concert I’ve been to (couple thousands folks) and they had the crowd rocking so it was a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-02-2019, 07:22 PM   #124
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtgolfing
Based on the date of the post I am guessing this was at the Roxy in Atlanta. I saw Avatar in Charlotte the following night (no Babymetal). They always kill it live! Avatar was my last concert.
You'd be correct. Didn't realize they weren't sticking with Babymetal throughout the tour. They really seemed to understand how to put on an entertaining show live. They've been playing on my amazon music playlist almost as much as babymetal since that concert.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:59 AM   #125
Rookie

krtgolfing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
You'd be correct. Didn't realize they weren't sticking with Babymetal throughout the tour. They really seemed to understand how to put on an entertaining show live. They've been playing on my amazon music playlist almost as much as babymetal since that concert.
I think they are with Babymetal on the entire tour.. I could be wrong. I think on a few off nights from Babymetal they are playing a few headlining shows. Saw them a few years ago at a music festival and they were probably my favorite of the day even with only a 20 minute set.

EPL - Liverpool FC
MLB - Atlanta Braves
MLS - Charlotte FC
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
NFL - Carolina Panthers
NHL - Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2019, 07:03 AM   #126
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Just got Jim Gaffigan tickets for January. Can't wait!
Old 04-10-2020, 07:41 AM   #127
All Star

Currently "attending " Babymetal live at the Tokyo dome...by live I mean it was live in 2016, and by attending I mean I am on their YouTube channel.

Kind of a neat idea by the band to have a "live" concert on YouTube while everyone is stuck at home.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-02-2023, 03:31 PM   #128
All Star

A running theme for me it seems lol

I will be seeing Babymetal perform live here in Atlanta in September. Super excited to see them again as they put on some of the best live shows period. My wife and I were previously looking to go out to Kentucky for the Louder than Life Festival which features a ton of really cool bands (including BM). Kind of sad that we won't be making that trip, but we do save a lot on gas/airfare and hotels this way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »