Home

The Audiophile Thread

This is a discussion on The Audiophile Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2015, 04:31 AM   #401
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Audiophile Thread

I remember a couple people owning the audio technica ath-m50x headphones. What are you guys reviews? I'm pretty much sold to buy these without listenting to them by the reviews everyone gives online. I'm into hip hop/rnb and electronic and oldies stuff from the 70's.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 04:46 AM   #402
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
I remember a couple people owning the audio technica ath-m50x headphones. What are you guys reviews? I'm pretty much sold to buy these without listenting to them by the reviews everyone gives online. I'm into hip hop/rnb and electronic and oldies stuff from the 70's.

Buy them. I'm not an audiophile by any means and I enjoyed my Beats when I had them. I have the ath-m50x now and they are great. You really can't go wrong with them for that price.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-28-2015, 10:47 AM   #403
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I've been looking for new rears since I moved into my apartment and had to stop using my towers as fronts, and moved my bookshelves (which were the rears) to the front. Wanted something on the smaller side, but still semi-decent sounding. Had no ideas these existed until last week - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/klipsch-...&skuId=6833016

I was mad I missed out on any sale for them on Black Friday, but happened to look today and they're $50 off! Good reviews and I like the Klipsch I currently have, so I figured it was worth a shot and ordered 'em.

Edit - Went to see if I could pick them up in store. Noticed that they had them as an open box item for another $30 off. Woo!

Last edited by SuperBowlNachos; 12-28-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:55 PM   #404
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Even though I am a few month away into moving into a new home I cannot help but research the hell out of the equipment I am going to buy for the mancave. I have a modest audio budget ($500 cash, $200 amazon bucks, and 50 Best buy bucks) but I think I zeroing in on what I am going to buy:

Energy Classic Take 5.1 speakers: http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Classic...=operasport-20

Denon AVRX1200W Receiver: http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVRX1200...=operasport-20

I have read that the Energy take speakers are a excellent value and rival speakers that cost hundreds more. The room they will go into is not huge(50'x40') so I think they will do the job. The Denon X1200W receiver looks to be a great deal too as the link I posted is that of a refurb unit.

Last edited by Cusefan; 01-03-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:56 AM   #405
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Was 50'x40' a typo? That is a massive room. It won't be a big deal with the speakers, but I imagine there will be a lack of good bass with that small sub. You are right though about that speaker set being highly regarded. The receiver is also nice and gives you opportunity in the future to do any upgrades (even Atmos).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #406
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Yeah man, in a 50'x40' room you are looking at two 12" ported subs minimum, and that's not the recommended amount (I would go four 13" ported subs lol). Make sure you said that number right. What is the ceiling height?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #407
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Was 50'x40' a typo? That is a massive room. It won't be a big deal with the speakers, but I imagine there will be a lack of good bass with that small sub. You are right though about that speaker set being highly regarded. The receiver is also nice and gives you opportunity in the future to do any upgrades (even Atmos).

Not a typo but the wrong measurements, it's going into the basement so I used the measurements for the carpet we want but it's going to be more like 35'x25'.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #408
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

The Audiophile Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Not a typo but the wrong measurements, it's going into the basement so I used the measurements for the carpet. it's going to be more like 35'x25'. Just guessing, I'd say the ceiling measurement is 10'. Here are a couple photos I took when we were initially looking at the house:

The TV and equipment will go to the left of the pole that is out of sight

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »