Home

Old 05-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

OVR: 8
Any Sci-Fi and Horror Film Fans?

Hey guys! Aside from gaming, I am also a huge film fanatic. Specifically, I'm a genre fanatic (horror being my favorite). So with summer approaching, I decided that I needed a "good" excuse to watch a ton of horror and sci-fi films. From that came the idea to invite others to join in, which is why I'm posting here. I'm looking for genre fans that would like to join in my movie challenge, which I'm dubbing the inaugural Cinefessions Summer Screams Challenge. All the details can be found right here.

If you're interested, let me know! Reply, contact me on twitter, or leave a message at my blog. Hopefully I can grab a few like-minded gamers that want to spend a little time with their favorite genres.

You can use this post to list your films if you don't have a separate blog or anything. Even if you only plan on watching a few films, you should join up. Thanks for reading!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Any Sci-Fi and Horror Film Fans?

Big sci-fi fan (a movie fan in general) here. Not a huge horror fan though, but I'm game.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

If I had Wizard of Gore running on my comp and Galaxy of terror on my TV would I get to count both?
Old 05-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
Big sci-fi fan (a movie fan in general) here. Not a huge horror fan though, but I'm game.
Excellent to hear! I'll add you to the list. You want to use this thread for posting your list, or do you have a separate blog? If you're using this thread, just use on post and keep editing it throughout the month so it's easy for me, and others, to follow. Also, are you on Twitter at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
If I had Wizard of Gore running on my comp and Galaxy of terror on my TV would I get to count both?
Lol, that isn't exactly the spirit of the challenge (which is just to enjoy some fun genre films). I don't want to tell anyone how to watch their films, but I'd personally find it incredibly difficult to understand and appreciate two films if I were watching them at the same time. Just remember that the idea is to have fun; winning isn't important in this case.

That said, are you in?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

It's not so difficult if you've seen both before.
But nah I'm not in. Wouldn't be very fair with the extra resources.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #6
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymin1
Excellent to hear! I'll add you to the list. You want to use this thread for posting your list, or do you have a separate blog? If you're using this thread, just use on post and keep editing it throughout the month so it's easy for me, and others, to follow. Also, are you on Twitter at all?

Lol, that isn't exactly the spirit of the challenge (which is just to enjoy some fun genre films). I don't want to tell anyone how to watch their films, but I'd personally find it incredibly difficult to understand and appreciate two films if I were watching them at the same time. Just remember that the idea is to have fun; winning isn't important in this case.

That said, are you in?
I can keep track here. I haven't joined the social media wave....yet.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
I can keep track here. I haven't joined the social media wave....yet.
Excellent. I'll add you to the list.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

Just a reminder that this challenge starts at midnight TONIGHT! There is still time to join if anyone is interested. GameCock, I'll keep checking in for your updated list in this thread. Good luck and have a blast!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »