Home

Jurassic World (2015)

This is a discussion on Jurassic World (2015) within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #81
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Jurassic World (2015)

Dinosaurs and people fighting together? Officially became a 'I'll wait for one of my friends buys the movie from the Wal Mart $5 bin and is in the midst of watching it when I come over' list member.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 01:41 AM   #82
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Dinosaurs and people fighting together? Officially became a 'I'll wait for one of my friends buys the movie from the Wal Mart $5 bin and is in the midst of watching it when I come over' list member.
It's been that since, like, the first trailer though.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:30 AM   #83
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Yep, and since the first trailer that concept has been horrible.

The initial clips had looked interesting, but the more they showed the worse it looked. Him leading his pack of Raptors that have man made attachments on them lmao.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #84
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I can't say I'm in love with the idea, but the fact they're showing it as early as they have lends me to believe that they thought this was a good idea for their story/plot, and couldn't be done without it.

You have to keep in mind that these guys were made well aware of the lashing out for dinosaurs using machine guns and that nonsense, if that was even a true rumor. I think they know not to ruin the integrity of Crichton's original work.

What we have noticed more through JP2 and JP3 though is not only the intelligence of some of the dinosaurs (specifically the raptors), but also the level of interaction humans have had with dinosaurs. From the raptor egg thing in JP3 to the baby T-Rex in JP2, they have not labeled the dinosaurs as simply primitive like zombies/infected can be in films (a deleted scene in I Am Legend shows otherwise, however).

They're probably carrying on this notion, except more along the lines of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." This crossbreed Rex probably is doing them raptors no good, and they're merely wanting their species back as should be. Does it sound stupid on paper? Of course. Might it actually play out okay in the film? Colin Trevorrow seems to think he won't be doing a disservice to JP1, so maybe this will work out okay.

I'm still concerned about the number of animatronics versus CGI shots, especially with the use of 3D.

Keep in mind, I have not seen any clips since the first trailer, so I don't know how bad this actually looks. I still want to see this in theaters though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-26-2015, 12:36 PM   #85
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

It seems a little silly but we've seen animals of all kinds being trained before and at least he isn't walking around with a pet T-Rex. Unless a trailer comes out showing a Raptor wielding a bazooka, then I'm going to go to the theater.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #86
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
I watched the teaser trailer and thats it. These extended trailers are all new to me.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:47 PM   #87
All Star

OVR: 0

I cant wait in till this movie comes out. This movie looks so much better then Jurassic park 2 or 3 and even 2 and 3 had some cool parts but this looks so much better. I really wonder how much money this movie will make. The last one made about 368 million WW but that was 14 years ago and the movie didn't have 3d either. Box office has changed so much since then with the international market getting bigger and bigger. Lost world made about 618 WW and Jurassic park made slightly over a billion but I think it was a little below that before the did the 2013 release for 20 years. I think this movie is going to surprise people and get a 85 RT score. I heard the movie is tracking for 100-130 million OW. How does that compare to the other 3? I know 100 million OW is still good but not has impressive has it used to be with inflation and 3d now days.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #88
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Im really over the CGI in this and other movies.

Just re watched JP1 on blu ray a week ago and that movie looks outstanding. Using robots and animatronics were/are the way to go in regards to making something look believable.

These trailers for this movie lose me with the cgi sometimes

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »