Home

Disney/Pixar Toy Story 4 (2019)

This is a discussion on Disney/Pixar Toy Story 4 (2019) within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2019, 04:48 PM   #33
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Disney/Pixar Toy Story 4(2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
They should have stopped with 3. I thought it was a perfect ending to the series. I agree with Chase. It looks like they are reaching for a story to continue the series. I'm sure I'll watch it because my 3 kids love it.
I agree with you, they should've ended at 3. I think other than the fact that it made a boatload of money the reason why they're doing this 4th one is there was a segment of fandom that thought TS3 was way too dark in theme.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #34
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I thought it was "Meh" but I'm with everyone else in that they should've stopped at 3.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:33 PM   #35
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Yeah, I mean this could be the best TS of all of them, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea to break the trilogy mold and how the third one ended so strong. It kind of shattered me, actually.

By the way, can a mod kindly change the "(2018)" to "(2019)"? Furthermore, could you also please insert a space in between that and the 4? It's bugging me haha.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2019, 09:58 AM   #36
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Seriously how can they top this ending?

https://youtu.be/w1rKocEL1Eg
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 03-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #37
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Gosh, the last twenty or so minutes of that film are note-****ing-perfect. I don't even need to mention the "claw" scene, but damn that gave me such a range of emotions.

TS3 came out when I was in college, so the scene when Andy bids farewell to his mom in his empty room hit right at home for me when I left.

Then the scene that you posted above... man. Although every movie really themes them around actually being toys and played with, you appreciated how toy-like they felt in this moment, even for a grown adult-teen such as Andy. He also got to play with them one last time. Just incredible.

I feel like Pixar wouldn't have made this film if they didn't have a good reason. I know that money is always there, but it's been ten years and they are just bringing this out of the woodwork simply "because"? Nah, they must have something up their sleeves. Maybe it can't beat the ending to TS3, but maybe it can still be very, very special.

Then again, Pixar hasn't been the same in quite some time. We'll just have to wait and see how things shapen out.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #38
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Just curious for those who wanted to stop it at three films (and if I had my way, I would have asked for the same thing personally):

Have you happened to see their two smaller episodes (after TS3) called Toy Story That Time Forgot and Toy Story of Terror?

I liked those, and it gets me re-introduced to some of Bonnie's toys plus it breaks the trilogy mold for me a bit so that I am more "accepting" of a fourth film happening.

Plus, you can call it marketing spin or whatever, but if a guy like Tom Hanks is on board with the story being told and the "final sendoff" for this series, then I'm going to have to take his word for it.
Yes, I've scene the smaller episodes. To me the way it ended with the claw and Andy bidding farewell, was a great way to bid farewell to where it all started.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #39
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm not ashamed to say I teared up at the end of TS3.

I was in a pretty melancholy mood when I watched that movie so maybe that added to it but man, the emotional impact was something that you don't normally get in movies much less animated ones.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-05-2019, 03:43 AM   #40
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

So nothing truly new to bump really, but I was watching John Campea's report on the Disney Cinemacon Presentation a couple of days ago, and for this movie, they mentioned as perfect as TS3's ending was, that was the ending to Andy's story. It wasn't the ending to Woody's story. This is, after all, Toy Story. Apparently they were also shown the first seventeen minutes of that film, whatever they saw.

Now I still haven't seen the trailer for TS4, but if that message wasn't brought about strongly enough to y'all there, I guess that actually makes a little bit more sense now regarding what kind of emphasis they brought to this new film. I hope it will be spectacular.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »