Home

The Spoiler Tag Rules

This is a discussion on The Spoiler Tag Rules within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2015, 01:16 PM   #25
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Spoiler Tag Rules

Spoiler previews for next weeks show only.

Not sure why anyone needs to go into a movie or show thread after it is out and they haven't seen it. The opinions here won't vary from the masses on if the movie is any good or not.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

There are critic and user ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #26

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

What about mentioning a "spoiler" outside of the shows thread topic. I don't mean go into the OT thread and be like "I can't believe ___ died in the movie!"(for a movie that is still in theaters). But if you're just bringing up a shocking moment from a TV show that happened several months ago(or maybe even X amount of years for the show or movie), would that be required to use spoiler tags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Spoiler previews for next weeks show only.
So what if someone is guest starring on a show in a future episode(but you don't know when),would that be ok to mention it, or not?
Old 06-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #27

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
What about mentioning a "spoiler" outside of the shows thread topic. I don't mean go into the OT thread and be like "I can't believe ___ died in the movie!"(for a movie that is still in theaters). But if you're just bringing up a shocking moment from a TV show that happened several months ago(or maybe even X amount of years for the show or movie), would that be required to use spoiler tags?
How do you expect this question to be answered when your range of time goes from a movie from several months ago to a movie 50 years ago?
Old 06-20-2015, 11:00 PM   #28

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
How do you expect this question to be answered when your range of time goes from a movie from several months ago to a movie 50 years ago?
I meant a tv show episode from several months ago, or something like a movie from years ago(since movies are in theaters for a number of months and then released on dvd awhile after that,so it could be a year from the time it first came out in theaters before someone might watch dvd of that movie for first time)
Old 06-21-2015, 03:08 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I posted something about Marvel's Agents of SHIELD in the Something About One Of Your Favorite TV Shows That You Didn't Like thread. And Majingir had replied with this below. The thing I posted was saying I didn't like what they had done with a certain character towards the middle/end of S1.

Spoiler

Now the bold is a major spoiler.

Now S2 just came on Netflix on 6/12. So should Majingir have put the part of (spoiler) in Spoilers or not?

Last edited by kehlis; 06-21-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:14 PM   #30

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I posted something about Marvel's Agents of SHIELD in the Something About One Of Your Favorite TV Shows That You Didn't Like thread. And Majingir had replied with this below.
I mean, I know nothing about that movie or when it was released as it's not in my area of interest but I would certainly think so.

Also may want to spoiler your response to me in case you think that's a spoiler that shouldn't have been given.

To me, there is a big difference between spoiling something in a thread dedicated to the movie/show in question versus a random thread such as that one or the OT thread where anything and everything can be discussed.

If I don't want to see a potential spoiler in a particular movie or show it's easy for me to avoid that thread but it's impossible to know to avoid the OT thread if a spoiler is posted.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I mean, I know nothing about that movie or when it was released as it's not in my area of interest but I would certainly think so.

Also may want to spoiler your response to me in case you think that's a spoiler that shouldn't have been given.

To me, there is a big difference between spoiling something in a thread dedicated to the movie/show in question versus a random thread such as that one or the OT thread where anything and everything can be discussed.

If I don't want to see a potential spoiler in a particular movie or show it's easy for me to avoid that thread but it's impossible to know to avoid the OT thread if a spoiler is posted.
Yea I just looked at imdb page for the show. The season started in late september and finished just over a month ago, May 12th. And I do the same thing I am waiting for Arrow and the Flash to come to Netflix, so I haven't entered either one of those threads. But that Agents of SHIELD thing I had no way to avoid, it was a post replying to me and it was an OT thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #32

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea I just looked at imdb page for the show. The season started in late september and finished just over a month ago, May 12th. And I do the same thing I am waiting for Arrow and the Flash to come to Netflix, so I haven't entered either one of those threads. But that Agents of SHIELD thing I had no way to avoid, it was a post replying to me and it was an OT thread.
In that case and in that thread I would say it certainly shouldn't have been spoiled.

I am years behind in several shows (one being Game of Thrones as an example). I was unable to avoid the big recent spoiler because of social media but that's on me I guess.

I don't go in that thread and I've done that with many other shows/movies in the past.

I hate being so careful avoiding threads here intentionally only to have something spoiled in the OT thread.

But more to the point of the ultimate question, I think at this point the statute of limitations has run out on a movie like Ghostbusters. FYI, the Stay Puff Marshmallow man dies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »