Home

The Mayans getting a Sons of Anarchy Spin Off

This is a discussion on The Mayans getting a Sons of Anarchy Spin Off within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2018, 12:50 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: The Mayans getting a Sons of Anarchy Spin Off

Hate to say it, because I really wanted to like this, but the show stinks. Deleted the latest episode halfway through. Episode two was all right, just about every minute of every other episode left me bored and disinterested. Nothing and no one worth investing in at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Hate to say it, because I really wanted to like this, but the show stinks. Deleted the latest episode halfway through. Episode two was all right, just about every minute of every other episode left me bored and disinterested. Nothing and no one worth investing in at all.
Through neglect, I haven't DVRed or watched a single episode. What you are saying doesn't sound good.

Just got renewed for a season 2.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:09 PM   #27
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I watched every episode. The story is just bad. They would have been better off if they spent the first season establishing the history of the Mayans MC. Instead right off the bat they have a story of the brother of a Mayans member is a prospect who is also a police informant. The brother member is starting a war with a Mexican drug cartel boss by helping some renegade Mexican group steal the cartel's drug shipments. The drug cartel boss is married to a white lady who is the prospect's ex girlfriend.

So yeah, the story is just bad. I mean hell they don't even hang out at the club house. Instead they hang out at a whore house.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:12 PM   #28
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Well the show just got renewed for a second season. Despite it's bad story line, it is averaging 8.2 million viewers per an episode, so FX is pleased and renewed it.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/may...fx-1202963966/
Old 10-02-2018, 08:16 AM   #29
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree its not as good as the original I have yet to really bond with any of the characters except for the old man. I'll still watch it just not going to hold up to my expectations.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:03 AM   #30
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

I haven't caught the show because of the bad reviews here, but I enjoy it. Not as good as SOA but that's an all time great show.

Half way through the first season and I like most of the characters.

Sucks to hear Sutter getting fired so it probably means the original 9 is off the books for the foreseeable future which I was really looking forward to.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 10-20-2019, 07:20 AM   #31
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I watched every episode. The story is just bad. They would have been better off if they spent the first season establishing the history of the Mayans MC. Instead right off the bat they have a story of the brother of a Mayans member is a prospect who is also a police informant. The brother member is starting a war with a Mexican drug cartel boss by helping some renegade Mexican group steal the cartel's drug shipments. The drug cartel boss is married to a white lady who is the prospect's ex girlfriend.

So yeah, the story is just bad. I mean hell they don't even hang out at the club house. Instead they hang out at a whore house.
A year late, but I mostly agree with this. None of that stuff is any worse than some of the ridiculous stuff that happened in later seasons of SOA, but SOA kind of 'earned' that with some slow burn in the earlier seasons. Instead, Mayans just jumped right into the crazy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2019, 07:32 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmatic
A year late, but I mostly agree with this. None of that stuff is any worse than some of the ridiculous stuff that happened in later seasons of SOA, but SOA kind of 'earned' that with some slow burn in the earlier seasons. Instead, Mayans just jumped right into the crazy

Yeah, I loved SOA from start to finish but some of the overkill (literally, LOL) in later seasons was a lot-but I have to admit many times entertaining.

EDIT: One of the most violent shows ever put on TV.

Last edited by JayBee74; 10-20-2019 at 07:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »