Home

Cord cutting

This is a discussion on Cord cutting within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #337
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Cord cutting

Finally cut the cord a few months ago. I'm using Sling TV since they have the BeIn Sports channel otherwise probably would've went with VUE but they don't have that channel.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 08-13-2018, 11:11 AM   #338
MVP

OVR: 14

wish vue had the history channels as well
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!
Old 08-15-2018, 01:46 AM   #339

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Thinking of doing something similar. Not complete cord cutting, but downgrading.

Main concern is not getting same stuff I had before. CW Network being biggest one. Might have to find "alternative methods" to watching it because I can't find any package in Canada with the network. Seems like a standalone channel.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #340
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Not sure where to put this, I guess the soccer subsection would work best but I think this illustrates how the networks are starting to strangle people with this whole streaming thing. If you want to watch ALL the soccer in the US through legal streaming methods it could cost up to $750 a MONTH!

Anyways here's the article in the NYT about it. In some respects maybe cord cutting isn't the greatest deal.

You want to watch ALL the soccer?

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #341
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Not sure where to put this, I guess the soccer subsection would work best but I think this illustrates how the networks are starting to strangle people with this whole streaming thing. If you want to watch ALL the soccer in the US through legal streaming methods it could cost up to $750 a MONTH!

Anyways here's the article in the NYT about it. In some respects maybe cord cutting isn't the greatest deal.

Who wants to watch soccer in the US?? LOL
I KID!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 11:36 PM   #342
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO

Which is why a la carte isn't best for TV. With a provider, channels had to get on all the providers, now they don't have too. They can stream directly and there is no competition other than time for sports. They set the price and you buy or don't. No more negotiations for price that the providers handled.

Price is always going to go up as now things will be split up to channel or even individual shows. It may help with creating better TV shows as people won't pay for junk, but with everything split up it will cost more than before.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #343
All Star

OVR: 0

So right now I am paying 145 for tv/internet with comcast. I think 65 of that is the tv part but I would be paying more like 165 told instead of the 145 if I had not called them at the begging of the year has my bill was going to go up 40 but I was able to get them to only up it by 20 for a year has before it was 125 that was during the first year I had it. The only thing that is really keeping me having tv is sports I dont watch a lot of tv out side of sports. I known you can get like nhl,nba,nfl pass stuff for like 440 a year or say like 37 a month if you think about it like that and that is less than I pay right now the problem of course is that you cant watch local games because they are blacked out. That means no TNT nba games that is like several games a week, and like all the playoffs, and of course seveal games a week for nfl that are on cbs, fox, nba, espn.

I started trying hulu with a free trial didn't even known you could watch tv on there thought it was just movies and shows and such like Netflix. I see you can also record up to 50 hours with a cloud dvr and it cost 40 a month less than I pay right now for tv. Now the problem is they dont have nba tv or nfl network. Now I see that this year Thursday night football games on being shown on fox so having nfl network is not has big of a issue now but there is still the lack of nba tv. Now what I noticed when I recorded last nights nfl game is that you have to watch 2 minutes of ads during breaks even though it says like no commercials so not being able to just fast forward breaks and get back to the game like you can on normal cable/sat type of thing is like miss leading and kind of takes away some the point in being able to record.

So wondering a few things with PlayStation vue has I have heard about it but dont known much about it. Now it looks like with vue you can get all the stations I need such has the local stations and espn, nba network, nfl network, tnt for 50 a month that is like 15 less than I am paying for tv right now and that is most likely going to go up again next year if I still have comcast. Now I have a few question about vue. 1. Can you record things? 2. If you can is there a way to like fast forward commercial breaks during like a nfl game and with out having to watch any kind of adds or do you have to watch adds like you do with hulu? 3. if it does have a way to record how easy is it to set up? Can you set it up to record long in case a game like goes long? 4. Does it have cw and nick? Those are like the only stations I am not seeing that I would like to still have when I look at the 50 price packaged.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:28 PM   #344
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So wondering a few things with PlayStation vue has I have heard about it but dont known much about it. Now it looks like with vue you can get all the stations I need such has the local stations and espn, nba network, nfl network, tnt for 50 a month that is like 15 less than I am paying for tv right now and that is most likely going to go up again next year if I still have comcast. Now I have a few question about vue. 1. Can you record things? 2. If you can is there a way to like fast forward commercial breaks during like a nfl game and with out having to watch any kind of adds or do you have to watch adds like you do with hulu? 3. if it does have a way to record how easy is it to set up? Can you set it up to record long in case a game like goes long? 4. Does it have cw and nick? Those are like the only stations I am not seeing that I would like to still have when I look at the 50 price packaged.
1. Yes Vue has DVR cloud capabilities
2. You cannot fast forward through commercials
3. Very easy to set up. You just click on a button that adds it to your DVR
4. No CW or Nick. They lost those and Comedy Central earlier this year I think due to contract negotiations falling apart.

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »