Home

Cord cutting

This is a discussion on Cord cutting within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #785
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Cord cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I had the same issue on my Linksys WRT1900ACS. I switch to some enterprise level access points. I went with 2 Unifi AC Pros. My range is now well into my backyard.
The 5GHz wifi band is working better now with no issues on my phone. Like I said, we live in a rancher, so I'm not too concerned about long range distance. Obviously the further away from the Verizon router, my internet speed drops. But with having a Spapdragon 865 phone, my phone is naturally fast.

But, I'm still looking forward to the Wi-Fi 6 router. Just glad that it is almost standard to connect internet via ethernet cable nowadays. So, i just have to release the DCHP lease and switch it over to new router. I'm covered since Verizon box is free(for now), if any issues I would just return new router
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #786
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I had the same issue on my Linksys WRT1900ACS. I switch to some enterprise level access points. I went with 2 Unifi AC Pros. My range is now well into my backyard.
When we upgraded to fiber this Summer they gave us a credit for signing up early and so we basically got a free mesh router system. Its great.

Old 11-12-2020, 03:05 PM   #787
MVP

OVR: 14

For t-mobile users:

TVision Live TV

TVision will offer three different tiers of service, each with different content offerings. TVision Live TV will start out at $40 per month and include more than 30 live TV channels such as ABC, NBC, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, ESPN, Disney Channel, and more. Here’s the full list:https://www.tmonews.com/2020/10/t-mo...ce-november-1/

No Cbs or sinclair though
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!
Old 11-12-2020, 08:26 PM   #788
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Got my wifi 6 router. Setup was fairly easy. Internet does seem better. Definitely has way better range. Using the 5GHz band, still have full bars throughout the house and cameras outside have no issues

Only issue that arrived is our older smart TV in living room connects to the internet but it no longer allows devices to cast to TV. With us switching to internet only, we need to be able to cast to TV. We have a firestick, so able to cast YouTube and certain apps to that, but can't do Xfinity Stream .

Edit: fixed the cast problem. Just had to set up the Google Home setup on TV again and it works. I forgot that I always had a Chrome cast device there. Now I realize why my TV in room can only cast YouTube. Might have to invest in another chromecast device

Last edited by illwill10; 11-12-2020 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:15 AM   #789
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Sinclair Sports reached an agreement with Bally Corp (A betting corporation) to replace the naming rights of Fox Sports RSN. I believe it will now be called Bally Sports. Agreement is for 10 years.

Additionally, it looks like they will provide the RSN's as a direct-to-consumer if you can't get it through your current TV provider. This is big news as I know many of us want our Regional Sports but the current streaming providers don't carry the RSN's anymore (other than ATT TV Now).

They didn't say how much pricing will be but that it should be available sometime next year. Hopefully it won't be priced too high but I could see maybe paying $10-15 a month just to watch my Canes and Braves play.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #790
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Sinclair Sports reached an agreement with Bally Corp (A betting corporation) to replace the naming rights of Fox Sports RSN. I believe it will now be called Bally Sports. Agreement is for 10 years.

Additionally, it looks like they will provide the RSN's as a direct-to-consumer if you can't get it through your current TV provider. This is big news as I know many of us want our Regional Sports but the current streaming providers don't carry the RSN's anymore (other than ATT TV Now).

They didn't say how much pricing will be but that it should be available sometime next year. Hopefully it won't be priced too high but I could see maybe paying $10-15 a month just to watch my Canes and Braves play.
I wonder if you can get out of market games now.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2021, 03:40 PM   #791
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I was really hoping Sinclair would have something in place by the time baseball starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2021, 04:07 PM   #792
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I was really hoping Sinclair would have something in place by the time baseball starts.
No kidding, I thought for sure they would have worked out a deal with the big streaming services... Oh **** was I wrong... So pissed I can't watch the Brewers this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »