Home

The Batman (2018)

This is a discussion on The Batman (2018) within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2019, 06:15 AM   #49
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Untitled Ben Affleck Batman Film

Anyone brave enough to wear the cowl gets the benefit of the doubt from me...... even Twighlight guy...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #50
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Batman (2018)

I'm excited, Robert Pattinson is a great actor. Like what Blzr said, check out his work in the last 10 years and he kills everything he's in like Good Time and Cosmopolis.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 05-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Care to reason with why?

And might I remind you that many also thought that Heath Ledger was a terrible idea for the Joker (there was also a separate undeserved outcry for Batfleck, but that's not in the teen heartthrob camp that I'm placing Ledger/Pattinson in). Not to mention that as great as the TDK trilogy is, another great few didn't comparatively love Christian Bale as Bruce/Batman either.

As I kind of alluded to in my previous post: if all you have seen with Pattinson involves anything regarding Twilight, you might want to broaden your horizons. You also don't know what route Reeves wants to take Batman. Then again, neither do I (which was the final point about my last post).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
That is true about Ledger and even Anne Hathaway has Catwoman was great when people didn't think she was going to be. But just in general with how great the dark knight movies its hard for me to get excited for batman post those movies and its not about Bale so much has just they are great movies. I love the last planet of the Apes movies though that Reeves did so hopefully he can do something good.

So your reasoning for him being a bad fit is because TDK Trilogy is great?

It's time for people to let it go. I saw all the immediate outrage on social media and all I can think is "Who the **** is Robert Pattinson and how does everyone know about him?".

I tend to just take a wait and see approach because some of the best acting jobs have come out of nowhere and he very well could be a good fit... or bad fit. I just think everything Batman related is judged unfairly and under some ridiculous microscope simply because the TDK trilogy was amazing. It's time to start separating it from conversation entirely because it's done and Batman is too polarizing for people to simply stop making adaptations of him and the story. It's been going for decades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #52
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm conflicted because of the Twilight series, but I also recognize the fact he is a good actor. Will he pull it off? Who knows, but it surely can't be worse than some of the others we've gotten.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:17 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

If I recall correctly, Heath Ledger had a somewhat similar rep before being cast as the Joker. He worked out OK. So I’m keeping an open mind on Pattinson.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #54
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
If I recall correctly, Heath Ledger had a somewhat similar rep before being cast as the Joker. He worked out OK. So I’m keeping an open mind on Pattinson.
Yeah definitely, both got their fame from chick flick movies and are both solid actors. I remember OS wasn't hard on Ledger being Joker because a lot of us trusted Nolan would make a great choice which he did but definitely remember a lot of backlash from a lot of guys not wanting the gay cowboy to be an iconic villain.

Good thing Pattinson has a lot of good work out there and just needs to bulk up and he should be good.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 05-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #55
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It's annoying, but nothing can be done about people trying to gate keep films, shows, or roles. It's a cottage industry now, but since it's not one of the things that I do, I'm looking forward to seeing this new take on Batman.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #56
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I just saw a fun idea on Twitter.

Bring back Michael Keaton, have Pattinson play Terry McGinnis, and make it a Batman Beyond movie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »