Home

Canadian Television

This is a discussion on Canadian Television within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #57
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Canadian Television

I just changed my cable plan with Eastlink where you can swap out channels for others. I picked up the CW and dvr all the DC shows off that channel now. I'm not keeping Showcase just for Supergirl.

And you can't rely on the Canadian channels. Last year Arrow was swapped around from CTV to CTV2 without any notice.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:16 AM   #58

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I just changed my cable plan with Eastlink where you can swap out channels for others. I picked up the CW and dvr all the DC shows off that channel now. I'm not keeping Showcase just for Supergirl.

And you can't rely on the Canadian channels. Last year Arrow was swapped around from CTV to CTV2 without any notice.
Individual channels is a great idea, but just horrible execution and obvious bias against it from cable companies. If I could pick what I want, I'd have cbs, abc, fox, CW for shows. Then SN/1/360, TSN 1-5 as well as CBC, WWE for sports. Then nfl pack for 4-5 months. Unfortunately that is more than current package somehow.

My cable box goes up to 999. Sure, lots of ppv and music channels, but I'd watch 15 channels total on it! Got no problem erasing E, Vice, French channels, omni and all these other pointless networks I don't care about.

Last edited by Majingir; 10-13-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #59

Majingir's Arena

Global announced their winter lineup.

Celebrity Big Brother will be airing on Global! Sounds like all episodes will be on TV which is great news.

BB Canada premieres March 7th.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:33 PM   #60

Majingir's Arena

For anyone thinking about watching black lightning, it won't be airing on any Canadian network. Unless you got CW, you won't be able to see it.

Canadian networks also not airing the amazing race. I think it might be first time in the 30 seasons this has happened.

Sometimes (actually many times) I wonder about these networks.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:30 AM   #61
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

Canadian networks also not airing the amazing race. I think it might be first time in the 30 seasons this has happened.

At least with The Amazing Race you can easily get access to CBS.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 12:37 AM   #62

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
At least with The Amazing Race you can easily get access to CBS.
Ya, that's the good thing about it. But just sucks seeing a show on as long as amazing race has been on, not even being important enough to have on a Canadian tv network.

Shows I watch/will watch are a mess. Amazing race not on Canadian networks, black lightning not on Canadian networks, Simpsons doesn't even seem to consistently air on global, supergirl stuck on showcase, and arrow is behind on CTV and stuck on space for new episodes.

Thankfully the one thing sacred on Canadian TV is sticking around for at least 7 years(hnic on cbc), though even that has been messed with by Rogers in the recent past.

What are Rogers and shaw's #2 networks? Bell has ctv/CTV2, but Rogers just with city and Shaw with global. Both need bigger 2nd networks for all these other shows.

Last edited by Majingir; 01-11-2018 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #63
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

I picked up the CW at the end of last season. We have a pick and choose channel set-up with Eastlink. I can remove channels like Discovery, Country Music, Space, etc that I don't watch and replace it with anything, so I chose that.

I think the only show that I watch where I need to keep a Canadian channel is Big Brother Canada on Global. Everything else I watch is from American networks. I don't watch hockey so I don't even bother with CBC. I watch the local news on my ipad.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:17 PM   #64

Majingir's Arena

Don't know what happened but now Arrow is suddenly back on CTV2. New episode aired same as in USA. Too bad I forgot it was on, messed up my recording since I had it set to record arrow on space like it's been all season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »