Home

OS Makes its Pitch to Hollywood

This is a discussion on OS Makes its Pitch to Hollywood within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #17
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: OS Makes its Pitch to Hollywood

I would be down for that IASIP movie on day one
Old 06-24-2017, 05:59 AM   #18
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I wrote a Saw VII script in the three days after Saw VI came out. I still maintain that it's better than the Saw VII that we got.

Then I've thought of this before, but never once ran with it. Here's a quick synopsis:

Born Again

A family loses their teenage child in a car accident. Concurrently, another family gives birth to a child that is a reincarnation of the decedent. The two families know each other, and the child starts to piece together a puzzle of a former life that he had with that other family. Within lies a moral dilemma between which family the child feels he belongs.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 06-24-2017 at 06:03 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:40 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I wrote a Saw VII script in the three days after Saw VI came out. I still maintain that it's better than the Saw VII that we got.

Then I've thought of this before, but never once ran with it. Here's a quick synopsis:

Born Again

A family loses their teenage child in a car accident. Concurrently, another family gives birth to a child that is a reincarnation of the decedent. The two families know each other, and the child starts to piece together a puzzle of a former life that he had with that other family. Within lies a moral dilemma between which family the child feels he belongs.
my first thought was "he ain't heavy, he's my brother'', then I realise ''he ain't heavy, he's me".

A Work in Progress
Old 06-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #20
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Haha!

I had another one that I would get into more detail about (I actually started writing it as a screenplay then annexed it because college), but it's a little convoluted and doesn't work well in synopsis form:

Pox

A man is framed and convicted for raping a young girl. He is later released when the real rapist confesses by documenting all incriminating evidence (which also exonerates our protag). The story from here comes two-fold... part of it is involved how he tries to regain his reputation within his community (always will be naysayers out there, and people will obviously always see you one way)... the other part involves him investigating what kind of game the rapist is playing by submitting to his crime (kind of one of those mind games).

While Born Again would be a straight drama, this is more drama/suspense.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 06-24-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2022, 10:56 PM   #21
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Every so often when I watch action films where our hero kills henchmen leading up to the evil boss's lair, I sometimes think the following:
  • That person's life is just over. Boom.
  • I wonder if he had a family?
  • How often do they just stand around waiting for bad to go wrong? I know security has to do this all the time, but evil lairs seem a little less enticing despite the pay.
  • Assuming they believe in the evil cause, how were they discovered or how did they come to this situation?
  • What does it feel like to be under the big guy? Do they care for your allegiance toward them? Again, I know on the good side we have this as well, but something feels different on the other side.
All that this gets me to wonder whether there could be a good movie about a henchman. I'm wondering if it would serve best as a comedy, drama, or action movie. Maybe there is nothing entertaining enough to be told in the format, but I think these questions could be poked at, and even in a non-comedy can bring a bit of levity to addressing some of those questions.

What would be really interesting beyond that is that we're seeing about a hero possibly but from another point of view, and we're on the bad guy's side with this one. Obviously part of it could involve him questioning his own morals so we can side with him a little better, but the end result is this would get more people to think about the downed henchmen in these movies as more than simply expendable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2022, 09:42 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

I was just thinking of this thread a few short weeks ago but now can't remember what idea came to me

as for a henchmans story, Finn's started off great in Force Awakens but fizzled quickly in Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker

a great spinoff story for a henchman would be Oddjob from Goldfinger

also, off-topic, when the last Christian Bale Batman came out with Tom Hardy as Bane, I originally thought Bane was just a henchman because I only previously knew him from the 1997 Clooney/Ahnold Batman installment, with Bane as a henchman for Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy. at that time I didn't know he had been created for the comic book series 4 years earlier

and back on-topic, it's probably inevitable there will be a movie about the worst ever true-life henchman, assistant coach Jerry Sandusky. Kevin Spacey would be perfect for the role

A Work in Progress
Old 01-23-2022, 10:09 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Calling all Yankovics

not really a movie or tv show pitch but I do feel like LA/ Hollyweird has a disproportionate amount of musical talent, and maybe this could work on soundtrack for a movie; got the start of a Joe Diffie parody song. so you songwriters feel free to run with this and finish:

Prop me up beside a juicebox 'cause I'm five
Lord I wanna go to lunch, but I don't wanna go to school, alright?
put a straw in my hand, tie my shoes and...
...Prop me up beside a juicebox 'cause I'm five

A Work in Progress
Old 02-06-2022, 03:44 AM   #24
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Theoretical physicist tragically loses her husband, and she want's to access the multiverse to bring back a version of him.

It would a thriller and use real science when it comes to that subject.

Last edited by PVarck31; 02-06-2022 at 04:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »