Home

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

This is a discussion on Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2019, 12:15 AM   #65
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
It comes out Tuesday, the 2nd.
Not sure why I saw the 7th but I did see it today

I enjoyed it alot too.

Have questions about the post credit scenes though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2019, 08:34 PM   #66
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Great, great movie. Gyllenhaal was fantastic, the Holland-Zendaya chemistry was perfect, Ned was amazing again, awesome action sequences.

I loved the credits scenes and how they set up questions/stories for the next phase. I can't wait to see where the MCU goes from here.

Watch me play video games
Old 07-06-2019, 07:41 PM   #67
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

One of my favorite MCU movies yet! Easily my favorite Spidey film out of them all for me.

Will talk more in a week or two when spoilers are good to go.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #68
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Saw it and like others have said damn good movie, favorite Spiderman movie for sure.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:04 AM   #69
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Saw it and was grinning for almost all of it. This was just loads of entertainment.

The Mysterio character/motives and such took a moment to grow on me, but his action-based stuff in the second half was very compelling blockbuster cinema. I was fully sold with that aspect. Gyllenhaal didn't have to do too much, but he played all of his parts very convincingly and fit it well.

The stuff with Peter and the gang simply worked. Every dynamic was special and/or heartfelt, though I do feel like I missed a beat somewhere between Homecoming and Far From Home when it came to how Peter felt about MJ (obviously time had passed, but I wish we had that gap filled). Kind of the same thing with Peter and Aunt May, just flew right past what Homecoming gave us into what we have now.

There is one scene that really didn't sit well with me watching it, and thinking about the film driving home (had a 50-minute drive) there was another entire concept that made me go: "Uhm, okay..." and it made the whole concept seem severely underthought when writing it. I'll talk about it in time, if I see you all have brought it up in your spoiler discussions.

That mid-credits scene has a lot of "wow" to it, but one moment in particular I found that I shouted "YES!" in theater. Sad that I was the only one who did haha, but I don't regret it.

And finally, finally they've made a Spider-Man that has better CGI than SM3. It only took what, twelve years and five films in between? I would love to see this again, next time in 3D.

All this being said... Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2 is still, far and away, above and beyond any other SM film I've seen, and likely any one that I'll ever see (including Spiderverse).

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Maybe I'm slow and since I didn't see the trailers I didn't know what kind of story we were getting, but did anyone else who was watching this movie think...

Spoiler

If I saw any trailers, I'm sure I wouldn't have had any reason to think that.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 07-07-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:59 AM   #70
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

Just got out of the movie 15 minutes ago. Great movie. Really enjoyed it.

This line

Spoiler

Had me dying.

Far From Home was just as good as Homecoming and Spider-Man 2.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:51 AM   #71
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Saw it and was grinning for almost all of it. This was just loads of entertainment.

The Mysterio character/motives and such took a moment to grow on me, but his action-based stuff in the second half was very compelling blockbuster cinema. I was fully sold with that aspect. Gyllenhaal didn't have to do too much, but he played all of his parts very convincingly and fit it well.

The stuff with Peter and the gang simply worked. Every dynamic was special and/or heartfelt, though I do feel like I missed a beat somewhere between Homecoming and Far From Home when it came to how Peter felt about MJ (obviously time had passed, but I wish we had that gap filled). Kind of the same thing with Peter and Aunt May, just flew right past what Homecoming gave us into what we have now.

There is one scene that really didn't sit well with me watching it, and thinking about the film driving home (had a 50-minute drive) there was another entire concept that made me go: "Uhm, okay..." and it made the whole concept seem severely underthought when writing it. I'll talk about it in time, if I see you all have brought it up in your spoiler discussions.

That mid-credits scene has a lot of "wow" to it, but one moment in particular I found that I shouted "YES!" in theater. Sad that I was the only one who did haha, but I don't regret it.

And finally, finally they've made a Spider-Man that has better CGI than SM3. It only took what, twelve years and five films in between? I would love to see this again, next time in 3D.

All this being said... Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2 is still, far and away, above and beyond any other SM film I've seen, and likely any one that I'll ever see (including Spiderverse).

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Maybe I'm slow and since I didn't see the trailers I didn't know what kind of story we were getting, but did anyone else who was watching this movie think...

Spoiler

If I saw any trailers, I'm sure I wouldn't have had any reason to think that.
As far as your spoiler (which isn't really a spoiler), everyone thought it could've been Sandman. And they kinda were influenced by Sandman, Hydro Man, and Molten Man.

First time I've ever heard the Thing, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #72
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Sandman had crossed my mind later as well, but since they were moving onto the next Marvel phase, I was like: "Hmm, this is an interesting reinvention."

Then when the water guy came, I was like: "Ohh, maybe this is a Sandman reinvention."

The Thing was an instinctual reaction only.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »