Home

X-Men: Dark Phoenix

This is a discussion on X-Men: Dark Phoenix within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #9
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: X-Men: Dark Phoenix

That trailer was pretty boring. I know it was a lot expecting the Shi'ar Empire and that whole part of the story line, this looks and feels too much like the 3rd X-Men movie (X-Men United) which was surprisingly the worst of the 3 movies.

If you're not able to truly reach the grand vision of this story line, why even attempt it then? I The last movie was pretty bad. They were on such a good roll with First Class and Days of Future Past. Then Apocalypse came out which was pretty bad. Another huge story and amazing villain they just couldn't nail.

I'm somewhat growing tired of the "Marvel Universe" created over at Disney but i can't deny they know how to make something grand. They've also spoken about resetting that Universe at the end of the next Avengers movie. Hopefully they start to make each movie feel like it's own thing. The last few movies have felt too much of the same. I understand they all share the same universe, but each of their movies have started to blend together in a bad boring way.

Regardless, this X-Men movie doesn't look very interesting to me.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:58 PM   #10
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

With those who were displayed it seems to confuse the timelines, or am I to assume we should forget the first 3 movies?
Old 09-27-2018, 11:28 PM   #11
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
With those who were displayed it seems to confuse the timelines, or am I to assume we should forget the first 3 movies?
Do you mean the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy? I've never been a super big X-Men fan, and it's been a while since I've seen the original trilogy so I'm not sure how it confuses the timeline.

Unless I missed something in the trailer, which is totally possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 12:29 AM   #12
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Do you mean the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy? I've never been a super big X-Men fan, and it's been a while since I've seen the original trilogy so I'm not sure how it confuses the timeline.

Unless I missed something in the trailer, which is totally possible.
Well the third movie had Jean become the Phoenix for the first time and Charles and them had no idea what was happening...which seems to be the case here, which means they should've known about it in the original trilogy in X3 if they're all connected.

I think.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:46 AM   #13
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
Well the third movie had Jean become the Phoenix for the first time and Charles and them had no idea what was happening...which seems to be the case here, which means they should've known about it in the original trilogy in X3 if they're all connected.

I think.
Their timeline bull**** is definitely one thing I'm not a fan of.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:41 AM   #14
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown

I think.
The time line was reset in Days of Future Past so basically its happening to Jean the same way as X3 but at a younger age.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 09-28-2018, 11:28 AM   #15
Rookie

eremiomania's Arena

OVR: 0
X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
The time line was reset in Days of Future Past so basically its happening to Jean the same way as X3 but at a younger age.

This. DOFP reset everything from the 70s on and Charles supposedly has a good idea of what’s to come from reading Wolverines mind in the 70s.

Old time line: First Class, X1-X3, Wolverine, DOFP

New timeline: DOFP, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix.

One question would be, why did Charles put the blocks in jeans mind just like in the original timeline if he knew from reading Wolverines mind how bad that turned out. Maybe Charles only got glimpses from Logan.

People complain about the timeline being messed up. I’m telling you if you watch First Class, X1-X3, Wolverine, and DOFP in that order it’s a damn good series and makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by eremiomania; 09-28-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 03:09 PM   #16
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden_Drake
This. DOFP reset everything from the 70s on and Charles supposedly has a good idea of what’s to come from reading Wolverines mind in the 70s.

Old time line: First Class, X1-X3, Wolverine, DOFP

New timeline: DOFP, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix.

One question would be, why did Charles put the blocks in jeans mind just like in the original timeline if he knew from reading Wolverines mind how bad that turned out. Maybe Charles only got glimpses from Logan.

People complain about the timeline being messed up. I’m telling you if you watch First Class, X1-X3, Wolverine, and DOFP in that order it’s a damn good series and makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which Wolverine? Origins or Japan?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »