Home

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix)

This is a discussion on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix) within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils

I'm excited to finish the rest of the season and I might check out Riverdale just to keep in the universe.
We actually started Riverdale for those reasons. To be honest, it didn't take. My wife told me this morning she decided she was out on Riverdale. We had watched about 4 or 5 episodes. Maybe more.

It's fine, but it is just too CW for us. It does have a cool Twin Peaks meets 90210 vibe going on, but it is still mostly a really shallow soap for teens. And I find the way they handled the teacher raping Archie a million times more problematic than anything we saw in Sabrina.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 11:52 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
Fun fact: a neighbor of mine shouted at me from the balcony a couple weeks ago "Satan music! You listening to that SATAN MUSIC!" and as I walked down I stuck out my tongue and flashed devil horns

(note: I was drunk)
This reminded me of a Flaming Lips song from way back in the day.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #43
Pro

hardcor2's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I thought the only ones who knew about the Kinkle family history was the witch in the woods and then the ghostly apparition of Susie's ancestor. Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, but I didn't think anybody other than that knew (well outside of Madam Satan).

They were two different spells. Sabrina attempted to raise the dead (and also cheat the system) and have Harvey's brother be resurrected. What Madam Satan did was something completely different as I don't think she was resurrecting them and restoring them to how they were when they were alive, but effectively using them as ghost messengers of the Red Rider.
Prudence was actually the first to say what the kinkles history was. Sabrina took her to Greendale High on the feast of feasts and prudence said something there about it. The other two sisters seemed to know also and I thought after the cave in that Father Blackwood said something too but I could be mistaken. Maybe it wasn't as many people as I thought at first but it just seemed to me that with Sabrina's aunt's being the only witches living in Greendale that they would know who the witch hunter families were.

That makes sense about the different spells and different uses of the resurrected bodies. Thanks for clarifying that for me!
Old 12-12-2018, 12:24 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
This reminded me of a Flaming Lips song from way back in the day.

I'm one of the people who only know The Flaming Lips for She Don't Use Jelly

but additional fun update: that same neighbor knocked on my door Sunday morning asking for salt

you can't make this stuff up

anyway, back to Sabrina, where "Am I Evil?" by Metallica comes to mind

Last edited by l3ulvl; 12-12-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:31 AM   #45
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I'm one of the people who only know The Flaming Lips for She Don't Use Jelly

but additional fun update: that same neighbor knocked on my door Sunday morning asking for salt

you can't make this stuff up

anyway, back to Sabrina
Salt to make a line at your door keeping Satan within?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 02:28 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

This is extremely OT but I have an 1100 song 90s rock shuffle list, I got to the end of the night and I usually say to myself "welp, we're done, or one more song" and then "She Don't Use Jelly" came on. It was such a crazy coincidence I had to post it here

blew my mind that it came on at the last minute lol, oh satan that was crazy
Old 12-12-2018, 05:35 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
This is extremely OT but I have an 1100 song 90s rock shuffle list, I got to the end of the night and I usually say to myself "welp, we're done, or one more song" and then "She Don't Use Jelly" came on. It was such a crazy coincidence I had to post it here

blew my mind that it came on at the last minute lol, oh satan that was crazy
I'm one of the old guys who preferred the Lips before Jelly, though the album it came from is fantastic. But it was also kind of the end of them as a rock band, as they went more avant-guarde after that. Still some great stuff.

But when I saw them live, they were loud, like The Who loud, and felt more like a cross between the Sex Pistols and Pink Floyd. And when I say loud, I mean when I saw them at the Grand Emporium in KC (1989), they were banned from ever playing there again because they were so loud. A lot of folks left, including some of my friends.

I stood the front and soaked it in, but was I was in pain for days afterwards. The Flaming Lips were loud, had strobe lights and bubbles going, and did some awesome covers. That night I saw them do Wish You Were Here during soundcheck, and they did Brain damage, also by Floyd, during the show. I also met the band before the show in a surreal tale that I can't really get into here.

I have not seen them live since the 1994 Lollapalooza tour, which was my third time.

As for Sabrina, I'm just looking forward to the Xmas show and season 2. I've seen some best shows of 2018 lists that don't have this, and I think it deserves to be there. Might have just been too late for some people to notice.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:10 AM   #48
All Star

OVR: 8

Finally checked out the first couple of episodes. There isn't anything wrong with the dark nature of the content or the actresses partaking in it. This is art and nothing more.

2 episodes in and I'm intrigued. Very impressed with Kiernan Shipka's acting.

I do miss Salem from the show. I mean this Salem is cool, but the old sarcastic Salem was great. Ambrose does kind of make up for him though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »