Home

Game of Thrones: Season 8 (Final season)

This is a discussion on Game of Thrones: Season 8 (Final season) within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2019, 10:57 PM   #337
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Game of Thrones: Season 8 (Final season)

That was kind of anticlimactic.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #338
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Well that was.... interesting?
Old 05-19-2019, 11:18 PM   #339
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

-Yet another villian dying very anti-climatically. I was cool with the Night King Death I thought it made sense, this one not as much.

-Where was this awareness about the evils of the iron throne from Drogon last week? Could have saved us that disaster

-8 seasons and the Iron Throne comes down to Tyrion saying Bran has some good stories he should be king and everyone shrugging and saying ehh why not

-What they did to Brienne's character is a travesty

-Last 20 minutes or so felt like the ending to some sitcom or something

-Overall very similar to Lost in that it was a show that started off with great writing and the potentially to be an all time great show and ended still entertaining but one of those turn your brain off type shows
Old 05-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #340
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Too clean. But I'm glad it is over. More excited for episode 3 of Chernobyl tomorrow night.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:32 PM   #341
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

The only thing I liked with the ending was Jon being sent to the Night's Watch. It makes sense.

Sansa, Bran, Arya, and others in the North knew the Night's Watch was no more, the Dothraki and Unsullied didn't. The Dothraki and Unsullied thought by sending Jon there he would rot there until his last day. That simply wasn't the case.

Since Sansa and others knew the Night's Watch was no more, they knew Jon would be free. They knew the Wildling's were there, they knew Jon would go beyond the wall and ultimately become King Beyond the Wall. I think Jon realized what was going on once he saw Tormund at Castle Black. All the Wildling's and Jon left Castle Black and closed the gate behind them. Jon has always belonged North and now he's free to do as he wishes in peace knowing nobody will go after him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2019, 11:42 PM   #342
MVP

OVR: 8

Bran... dufaq?
Old 05-19-2019, 11:43 PM   #343
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
The only thing I liked with the ending was Jon being sent to the Night's Watch. It makes sense.

Sansa, Bran, Arya, and others in the North knew the Night's Watch was no more, the Dothraki and Unsullied didn't. The Dothraki and Unsullied thought by sending Jon there he would rot there until his last day. That simply wasn't the case.

Since Sansa and others knew the Night's Watch was no more, they knew Jon would be free. They knew the Wildling's were there, they knew Jon would go beyond the wall and ultimately become King Beyond the Wall. I think Jon realized what was going on once he saw Tormund at Castle Black. All the Wildling's and Jon left Castle Black and closed the gate behind them. Jon has always belonged North and now he's free to do as he wishes in peace knowing nobody will go after him.

Good call I didn't really pick up on that.

Still didn't like that Jon's heritage didn't even come into play at all
Old 05-19-2019, 11:54 PM   #344
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex

I didn't make this connection myself, and think an 'inside the episode' could have made this clearer, was waiting for it and instead we got HBO ads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »