Home

Disney+

This is a discussion on Disney+ within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #81
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Disney+

We slow up, but watched Aladdin, and will usually watch at least a couple movies and the kids stream stuff. Way worth it overall, especially that we'll use it to keep up with Marvel when we can't make it in theaters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2020, 12:15 PM   #82

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Rise of Skywalker will be added to Disney+ on Monday (May the 4th).

Weirdly enough, this wasnt their original plan. Dont know how they didnt think of that before.

Decided to watch the live action Aladdin. Wasn't great but wasn't bad either. Although I didn't care for the cartoon either, outside of the few main songs and genie parts.

Obviously it'll be hard to replace Robin Williams, but Will Smith did a good job. I found him funny in that role. Rest of movie was ok I guess, but the Jafar parts fell short. He didn't seem like some major villain, just some greedy shady guy.

Last edited by Majingir; 04-30-2020 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:10 PM   #83

Majingir's Arena

Finished Toy Story 4. I'd rank the movies 3>2>1>4.

That ending of 4 I feel is almost as sad as the ending of 3.

After 3, you felt like they could continue with more movies, and a "passing of the torch(technically toys)" moment. After 4, not really anything else I can think of that would make sense.

If they ever want to reboot it, they could always do the cheesy "toys find their way back to Andy.......s kids" story. Or go the reverse, do a Toy Story BEFORE 1. So we find out about Andy getting Woody, maybe revealing his dads backstory (from reading all theories, the most likely seems like a divorce for Andy's parents, which is why they were moving in the first one, which I feel would be too much for a disney movie)

Last edited by Majingir; 05-05-2020 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:53 PM   #84
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Maj.......

Do they not have Disney+ membership cards in Canada yet ? (Like Netflix does).....
Old 05-05-2020, 12:25 AM   #85
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Finished Toy Story 4. I'd rank the movies 3>2>1>4.

That ending of 4 I feel is almost as sad as the ending of 3.

After 3, you felt like they could continue with more movies, and a "passing of the torch(technically toys)" moment. After 4, not really anything else I can think of that would make sense.

If they ever want to reboot it, they could always do the cheesu "toys find their way back to Andy.......s kids" story. Or go the reverse, do a Toy Story BEFORE 1. So we find out about Andy getting Woody, maybe revealing his dads backstory (from reading all theories, the most likely seems like a divorce for Andy's parents, which is why they were moving in the first one, which I feel would be too much for a disney movie)
I was hung up between ranking it 2-4-3-1 and 2-3-4-1, but I think I'll stick with the latter for now.

I think people rank TS3 too high overall because of the impact of the final two acts (if it's placed in five arcs). I mean it's unfair on my end to say: "Remove those two, and blah blah blah," because clearly that's a large part of the movie. That's really where it redeems itself for me. Too much of a rehash of the second one, otherwise.

I also think a lot of people who say a fourth film wasn't needed didn't see Toy Story of Terror! and Toy Story That Time Forgot. I'm a big believer in trilogies myself, but once those "epilogues" released and I saw them, the trilogy had already broken for me. Plus, hearing that this was "the ending to Woody's story" sold me on the concept at that point.

Regardless, I would've re-established some of the characterization in TS4, and that would've solidified second place for me. Plus, that film is so damn beautiful haha.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2020, 12:38 AM   #86

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Maj.......

Do they not have Disney+ membership cards in Canada yet ? (Like Netflix does).....
Probably not, but I dont even know what that is, so maybe they do
Old 05-06-2020, 11:50 AM   #87
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Probably not, but I dont even know what that is, so maybe they do
I mean, I don’t want to pay by credit card but pay with a pre-paid card like Netflix, PSN, Nintendo etc etc etc......

I do not pay for memberships via credit cards. Always pre-paid cards....
Old 05-06-2020, 02:23 PM   #88
All Star

OVR: 0

I would need to watch toy story movies again to rank them has its been a while but i do know that 4 is by far my least favorite hated the end of it to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »