Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
All Star
 
Bard's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gaming Laptop

Long story short, I have a gaming desktop already. I built it a few years back, and I absolutely love it! However, I am getting back into streaming and the way our new house is, it would be a pain to use the desktop for streaming and editing.

Does anyone have a gaming laptop or any suggestions as to what I should look for? My current laptop is a cheap Asus I got 7 years ago in college, and it is about on its last boot up.

Price range is probably around $800, but have a little wiggle room... obviously would love lower prices, but I am doubtful there is a decent gaming laptop for under $799.99.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Bard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame
 
p_rushing's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta
Re: Gaming Laptop

It all depends on what type of gaming you want to do. If its FPS games, you need to play on a desktop or really expensive laptop. If it's just noncompetitive FPS or almost any other game, you can get something that will play some games. You'll have to lower settings and make sure you get a GPU in it, so it may not be worth it. If you have a desktop that is good, you probably won't like the experience.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
p_rushing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:43 PM   #3
All Star
 
Bard's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: Gaming Laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
It all depends on what type of gaming you want to do. If its FPS games, you need to play on a desktop or really expensive laptop. If it's just noncompetitive FPS or almost any other game, you can get something that will play some games. You'll have to lower settings and make sure you get a GPU in it, so it may not be worth it. If you have a desktop that is good, you probably won't like the experience.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response!

This is for more of the setting up the streaming from my consoles, and then doing the editing on.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Bard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:36 AM   #4
All Star
 
RockinDaMike's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Nido, Philippines
Posts: 8,212
Re: Gaming Laptop

Might be a little over your budget but the Predator Helios 300 is excellent for its price.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
__________________
XBL: Mike Deuce
PSN: Tutaan
Steam: RockinDaMike

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
RockinDaMike is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:40 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: Gaming Laptop

I dont have any specific suggestions, but As long as you dont mind playing games on low settings then most any budget gaming laptop should be ok for you, with emphasis on the processor for streaming.

The Helios Predator that was mentioned appears to be one of the best values given the components listed. Microcenter has it for 830.


Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
Go Braves!

PS3 ID: Affyy
My Overwatch Profile
KSUowls is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2020, 07:55 PM   #6
All Star
 
RockinDaMike's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Nido, Philippines
Posts: 8,212
Re: Gaming Laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
I dont have any specific suggestions, but As long as you dont mind playing games on low settings then most any budget gaming laptop should be ok for you, with emphasis on the processor for streaming.

The Helios Predator that was mentioned appears to be one of the best values given the components listed. Microcenter has it for 830.


Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app


That’s a good deal. You get an i7, 16 gb of ram and 1060 card in an ips 144hz monitor.

Small Ssd but you can do what I do and carry another ssd, put it in a case with a usb c connector and load up all your games on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
XBL: Mike Deuce
PSN: Tutaan
Steam: RockinDaMike

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
RockinDaMike is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:04 AM   #7
Let's Go Pens...
 
Fiddy's Arena
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 11,280
Re: Gaming Laptop

I dont have a gaming pc, nor do I want to build one, BUT I would love to have a gaming laptop.

What would you guys recommend to play sports games on?
__________________

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Fiddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #8
All Star
 
RockinDaMike's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Nido, Philippines
Posts: 8,212
Re: Gaming Laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I dont have a gaming pc, nor do I want to build one, BUT I would love to have a gaming laptop.

What would you guys recommend to play sports games on?


What’s your budget?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
XBL: Mike Deuce
PSN: Tutaan
Steam: RockinDaMike

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
RockinDaMike is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Top -