Home

Your Favorite Christopher Nolan Film?

This is a discussion on Your Favorite Christopher Nolan Film? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Christopher Nolan Film Is Your Favorite?
Batman Begins 6 12.24%
Dunkirk 4 8.16%
Following 0 0%
Inception 8 16.33%
Insomnia 0 0%
Interstellar 4 8.16%
Memento 3 6.12%
The Dark Knight 18 36.73%
The Dark Knight Rises 2 4.08%
The Prestige 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2021, 12:42 AM   #25
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Your Favorite Christopher Nolan Film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Interstellar was my favorite movie (not saying critically the best, just my favorite) for the past few years, but I watched it again recently and I may have to reevaluate (some of the dialogue, yech). Still though, the way they portrayed the black hole and the tesseract scene, just amazing. I love the idea that perhaps someday we can reconcile quantum physics with general relativity and this movie played to that.

Gotta say, for me, Nolan made Batman and Gotham too gritty/serious. Tim Burton's Batman will always be Batman for me. Lots of other love Nolan's Batman though, so I'm not gonna argue.
Outside of the "love" scene (which I believe was done rather tastefully, all things considered) and maybe some of the early scenes with MM and Lithgow, what other bits are you referring to specifically?

I remember when watching it recently and being quite enamored that it was the first Nolan film since The Prestige where there were simply scenes for things to slow down and let characters have conversations. I quite enjoyed the majority of the dialogue in this movie as a result. There are certainly things I'd like to rewrite if I could, but it was a nice kickback in that way otherwise.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2021, 11:40 PM   #26
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Outside of the "love" scene (which I believe was done rather tastefully, all things considered) and maybe some of the early scenes with MM and Lithgow, what other bits are you referring to specifically
Yeah, the McConaughey/Lithgow scenes were a bit cringy for me on last viewing because they've got them lacing these poetic musings into their conversation, which just isn't how people talk. I know you're always going to have that in a lot of movies, but it's a matter of degree. The actors did as well as they could with it. As Harrison Ford said of George Lucas's scripts, "you can type this stuff, but you sure can't say it."

Also, I noticed there was a bit too much expository dialogue for my tastes on last viewing as well. "I thought they shut you down for refusing to drop bombs on starving people." (What? Why would anyone do that? We get it, thing are bad.) Also, yeah, let's just open up the remote control back wall to our conference room and dramatically reveal a 20-story rocket facility, lol.

Still like it though.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:57 PM   #27
Banned

Camille Natta's Arena

I guess my absolute #1 is the Dark Knight with Joker. The late Heath Ledger played an iconic villain I have never seen before.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:02 PM   #28
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Pure gold.

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-29-2021, 12:46 PM   #29
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

The Dark Knight

Old 06-02-2021, 02:48 AM   #30
Just started!

Inception is truly one of a kind. A concept which has long gestated in Christopher Nolan's mind, his eye for drama mixed with his large scale sensibilities ring true in Blockbuster season making Inception a true original in the sea of reboots, remakes and sequels.

I had the privilege of seeing this movie before it came out, and like most of Dicaprio's films, it blew me away. Inception is a well-made movie, filmed in about 6 locations all over the world. The direction was outstanding. the acting of all actors was awesome. Overall Amazing Direction, Captivating Plot, Great Movie.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:45 AM   #31
Just started!

Interstellar and Inception both movies reveals different concepts and these two are my fav movies!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2021, 11:58 AM   #32
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

All 3 Batman moves are great in their own right.

I've only seen The Prestige once and it was years ago. I really enjoyed it and need to get a rewatch in soon.

Same with Interstellar. Only watched it once but really enjoyed it and is close to being my favorite. Got to rewatch this one as well.

But hands down Inception is my absolute favorite. The story is just so good, the acting is top notch, and that soundtrack is next level. I've seen this I believe 4 times and every time it's like watching it for the first time. Just so many mind ****s lol.

I haven't seen Momento but it's on my list as I've heard it's excellent. Still need to watch Tenet as well.

I remember watching Insomnia years ago and never even realized it was by Nolan. Just remember Robin Williams being in a very different role then usual.

Probably won't ever get around to watching Dunkirk. The story just doesn't interest me. Might need to check out The Following at some point. I'd never even heard of that one.

Anyways tldr Inception is my top movie by Nolan.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »