Home

OS Official Horror Movie Thread

This is a discussion on OS Official Horror Movie Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2021, 04:11 PM   #73
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: OS Official Horror Movie Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Halloween double feature tomorrow night.

Halloween 2018 (BD)
Halloween Kills (Peacock)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Do you know when you will be able to watch it on Peacock? I'm hoping for midnight.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:32 PM   #74
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Halloween double feature tomorrow night.

Halloween 2018 (BD)
Halloween Kills (Peacock)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Nice! I saw Halloween Kills on Tuesday. I hope you enjoy it!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 10-14-2021, 06:39 PM   #75
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Nice! I saw Halloween Kills on Tuesday. I hope you enjoy it!
Did you like it? Do you think a long time fan of the series will like it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2021, 07:47 PM   #76
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Did you like it? Do you think a long time fan of the series will like it?
I left my impressions in the movie thread.

I liked it. I know I was talking to somebody else asking me about it but they are more a fan of the suspense and not the gore. Sadly for them, this movie is pretty brutal when it comes to the gore. This is Michael Myers unleashed.

It wasn't nearly as strongly written as the 2018 film, not by a longshot. I will say though that given the right kind of long time fan, this movie might be right up your alley. They service the two films before it (in this continuity) so much that for some it'll be their cup of tea. I thought they hit it on the nose a few too many times personally, but whatever floats their boat.

As per usual, my impressions are relatively spoiler-free. I tend to dance around the content and go more about the themes and my overall experience. Your call whether you want to read it before seeing it!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 10-14-2021, 09:56 PM   #77
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I left my impressions in the movie thread.

I liked it. I know I was talking to somebody else asking me about it but they are more a fan of the suspense and not the gore. Sadly for them, this movie is pretty brutal when it comes to the gore. This is Michael Myers unleashed.

It wasn't nearly as strongly written as the 2018 film, not by a longshot. I will say though that given the right kind of long time fan, this movie might be right up your alley. They service the two films before it (in this continuity) so much that for some it'll be their cup of tea. I thought they hit it on the nose a few too many times personally, but whatever floats their boat.

As per usual, my impressions are relatively spoiler-free. I tend to dance around the content and go more about the themes and my overall experience. Your call whether you want to read it before seeing it!
I read your impressions and loved what I saw. I am a bonafide Halloween super fan. I have loved this series since the first time I saw the original on it’s network TV Premier (I believe on NBC) on Halloween night 10/31/81 while living inAustin Texas. I was 11 years old.....it was a rainy thunder and lightning night....and I was forever changed with horror and suspense movies.

A masterpiece to this day.

I loved Halloween 2018. I thought it was a top 3 in the entire lore. The first and II are my top two. I was kinda sad they disregarded the second one since it took place on the same night. But oh well. I thought Halloween 4 was also very very strong.

So it sounds from your impressions I am going to love Halloween Kills. My son and wife are also huge Meyers fans. So we are all excited to have a double feature at home tomorrow night.

How were you ablate see it Tuesday if I may ask? Are you an actual movie critic?
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-14-2021, 10:15 PM   #78
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
I read your impressions and loved what I saw. I am a bonafide Halloween super fan. I have loved this series since the first time I saw the original on it’s network TV Premier (I believe on NBC) on Halloween night 10/31/81 while living inAustin Texas. I was 11 years old.....it was a rainy thunder and lightning night....and I was forever changed with horror and suspense movies.

A masterpiece to this day.

I loved Halloween 2018. I thought it was a top 3 in the entire lore. The first and II are my top two. I was kinda sad they disregarded the second one since it took place on the same night. But oh well. I thought Halloween 4 was also very very strong.

So it sounds from your impressions I am going to love Halloween Kills. My son and wife are also huge Meyers fans. So we are all excited to have a double feature at home tomorrow night.

How were you ablate see it Tuesday if I may ask? Are you an actual movie critic?
I like to think that I am, haha! I was able to get an advance screening, limited passes to the public. I don't know if it's because I see a lot of these or review them that I get notified about them, but that's what this was. I haven't gone to an advance screening in a long time (EDIT: now that I think of it that's due to COVID).

I surely hope you enjoy it! I've seen them all now except Halloween III. I have to go back and see which ones I liked the most of the original films. I think that the fourth one and H20 stood up okay to me, leave the first two (I'm trying to remember how much I liked the second one actually). But yeah, I personally like Halloween (2018) and Rob Zombie's Halloween the most, minus its annoying characters.
Old 10-14-2021, 10:51 PM   #79
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been doing the slow burn binge of the Child's Play movies. They were all on television on tuesday because of the new Chucky tv show and I only managed to watch the first 3 cause of work lol. Football season and working has interrupted my horror binges this year.

Old 10-15-2021, 01:20 AM   #80
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead2009
I've been doing the slow burn binge of the Child's Play movies. They were all on television on tuesday because of the new Chucky tv show and I only managed to watch the first 3 cause of work lol. Football season and working has interrupted my horror binges this year.
Seed of Chucky is the worst, but all the rest are very watchable.

I missed the premiere of the new series, but gonna watch the first episode soon.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »