Home

RIP Alex Trebek

This is a discussion on RIP Alex Trebek within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2020, 10:13 PM   #17
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: RIP Alex Trebek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
On the show they said they'll air his final 35 episodes.

If they air 1 a day, that would take us until Christmas, obviously there won't always be new episodes, so that final week before New Years is when the final episodes probably air.

Whenever it is, they better promote it. Jeopardy fans new and old will definitely be tuning in.
You were right the first time. Unless something changed today, news as of last night was his final episode would air on Christmas.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:42 AM   #18
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
How far in advance did they tape shows? Tonight's episode for sure will be a highly watched one, but given how new episodes were being filmed, I wonder how many episodes they have left to air.
I think it's around a month or so. On 10/24 my friend posted on FB to be sure to watch Jeopardy on 11/5 and posted a pic of him and Trebek. However, I'm not sure he posted that the day they filmed or waited. I read that Trebek's last filming was 10/29.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-10-2020, 10:10 AM   #19

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
You were right the first time. Unless something changed today, news as of last night was his final episode would air on Christmas.
If they're actually airing new episodes every day and Christmas day itself will have his final episode, that'll be real memorable for sure. You'll always remember that date especially.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #20
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

I was touched to hear how he spent his last few hours from what his wife revealed. Just an amazing person who I felt I knew by watching him for so many years.

RIP Alex
Old 11-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Man, what a professional icon!

May he rest in peace knowing he won't be in pain anymore.

It teared me up when a contestant answered, "we are rooting for you, Alex"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2020, 01:39 PM   #22
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Well, this video answers one question that I did have about his own knowledge of the material, and given that this is back in 2003 I want to reiterate how little it seems he had aged over the years (I know makeup does wonders, but still).

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 0

Been stunned by this since it happened, even though I knew it was coming. Just didn't expect it this soon. Didn't even know what to post until now.

I grew up on Alex Trebek's many great game shows, not just Jeopardy. Battlestars, High Rollers, Classic Concentration! Remember watching the first Jeopardy back in 1984 with my grandma. We used to watch everyday. I would even keep my own score on a calculator. Can't help but think the show and Alex made me smarter and more curious, made me want to read and discover more. To this day, getting "Final Jeopardy!" correct is an incredibly satisfying achievement to end the evening!

My grandma passed away in 1991, but watching Jeopardy every day was that comforting reminder of spending time with her. Meeting with Alex Trebek each day continued that connection. I know Jeopardy will continue, but will never be the same. How do you replace a true legend? Truth is you can't.

Even though I am cherishing each remaining episode with Alex Trebek, I can't help but feel sadness at the end of each one.

Thank you for all the memories Mr Trebek, it was an honor to welcome you in to my home each day. RIP.

Last edited by baconbits11; 11-19-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:57 AM   #24
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-...0-interim-host

Ken Jennings announced as the first interim host, and in regards to Alex's final shows:

Quote:
Jeopardy! also announced an update to its broadcast schedule: in memory of Alex, the show will air 10 of his best episodes the weeks of Dec. 21 and Dec. 28, 2020. Due to anticipated preemptions around Christmas and New Year’s, Alex’s last week of episodes will now air the week of Jan. 4, 2021, in order to give his millions of fans a chance to see his final appearances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »