Home

A Sports Drama Based on Created Football Characters from a video game

This is a discussion on A Sports Drama Based on Created Football Characters from a video game within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2021, 03:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post A Sports Drama Based on Created Football Characters from a video game

yeah, funny title but interesting concept.

I thought about writing a book based on my time playing NCAA Football video games where i would create the popular characters I had in the previous games and reintroduce them into the new game, with NCAA 14 being the last.

Then a few years went by and I actually thought about what if i took the characters I created in the NCAA and Madden games and wrote a book about them or a screenplay. Totally unique and i'm sure a sleeper hit for those who enjoy action, drama, and or sports movies. Like Any Given Sunday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2021, 09:20 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: A Sports Drama Based on Created Football Characters from a video game

that's not a bad idea.
jeez, the tales I could tell about just my recruiting improprieties alone at Eastern Michigan could fill a notebook comparable to War & Peace.

just don't forget to change the names of the innocent (& guilty) for their protection.
and yours, i.e. EA, Ed O'Bannon, Sam Keller, et al etc. etc. etc.

A Work in Progress
Old 01-30-2021, 11:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Thumbs down Re: A Sports Drama Based on Created Football Characters from a video game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
that's not a bad idea.
jeez, the tales I could tell about just my recruiting improprieties alone at Eastern Michigan could fill a notebook comparable to War & Peace.

just don't forget to change the names of the innocent (& guilty) for their protection.
and yours, i.e. EA, Ed O'Bannon, Sam Keller, et al etc. etc. etc.
That's no problem there because when I played the NCAA games most of the opponents were random names so changing names wouldn't be that difficult.

I would base it around the head coach, the QB, RB, 2 WRs (one is related to the star RB), D-lineman, and the Middle Linebacker who is related to the D-lineman. As they compete in college, an upstart league and the star group have a handful of days left in college they form a football team so when they all officially leave the Head coach leaves with them leaving a trusted friend to continue his legacy at the university. They all agree if they truly want to leave a mark on American Football they all take reasonable paycuts to ensure all their convinced former teammates join them instead of the NFL and go on a run of championship titles that rivals the Boston Celtics.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:01 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregs
That's no problem there because when I played the NCAA games most of the opponents were random names so changing names wouldn't be that difficult.

I would base it around the head coach, the QB, RB, 2 WRs (one is related to the star RB), D-lineman, and the Middle Linebacker who is related to the D-lineman. As they compete in college, an upstart league and the star group have a handful of days left in college they form a football team so when they all officially leave the Head coach leaves with them leaving a trusted friend to continue his legacy at the university. They all agree if they truly want to leave a mark on American Football they all take reasonable paycuts to ensure all their convinced former teammates join them instead of the NFL and go on a run of championship titles that rivals the Boston Celtics.
we had a generous donor benefactor in my days at EM, with money no object.
players were well taken care of, so much so to the point that they were forced into unreasonable paycuts when they were drafted into Madden upon leaving dear old beloved Eastern Michigan

A Work in Progress
Old 01-30-2021, 12:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Cool Re: A Sports Drama Based on Created Football Characters from a video game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
we had a generous donor benefactor in my days at EM, with money no object.
players were well taken care of, so much so to the point that they were forced into unreasonable paycuts when they were drafted into Madden upon leaving dear old beloved Eastern Michigan
Yeah I have something similar everyone takes paycuts so the team would be at least $500 million to sign new/better players, draft players, or renew contracts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2021, 09:09 PM   #6
MVP

zello144's Arena

Give it drama similar to the old ESPN show "Playmakers"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »