Home

Survivor 42

This is a discussion on Survivor 42 within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2022, 01:34 PM   #9

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Survivor 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
I'm confused why Jonathan isn't getting votes

shouldn't he be target #1?

the dude dominated again, and it wasn't even a muscle challenge

if being an alltime challenge beast doesn't matter, then what's the point of having challenges?
Challenges is the weird thing about Survivor.

Challenge wins dont carry as much weight anymore when it comes to voting for a winner (although the new final tribal format is trying to change that), and most challenges aren't as much about muscle/strength as they are other things, yet its the physical threats who still get targeted.

I think its his alliance which has been strong, so they've managed to not make him the target.

And the obvious "shield" too. Once you vote out the obvious threat, the question then becomes "who's next"?
Old 04-26-2022, 09:40 AM   #10
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Hai causing all the drama and then blaming Romeo for it

It might have been people in his alliance saying it, but someone made a point about how Jonathon is the best at fishing and getting people food. What individual challenges are out there that involve brute strength? For rewards you have 50/50 shot he is on your team and you win, lol

I don't like Tori, but I am all for her winning challenges.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:24 PM   #11

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Hai causing all the drama and then blaming Romeo for it

It might have been people in his alliance saying it, but someone made a point about how Jonathon is the best at fishing and getting people food. What individual challenges are out there that involve brute strength? For rewards you have 50/50 shot he is on your team and you win, lol

I don't like Tori, but I am all for her winning challenges.
In modern survivor, the whole survival aspect and food/fishing isn't as important, but I'm guessing the new format that they've had since last season is trying to put an emphasis back on certain parts of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2022, 09:42 PM   #12

Majingir's Arena

That's not at all what I was thinking would happen at tribal. That 2nd tribal made you completely skip over what happened in the first tribal in a weird way (even though what happened in the first tribal is what led to what we saw in the 2nd tribal).

I definitely see where Drea was coming from. BB and Survivor dont have the best track record when it comes to specific demographics. That's what led to what we saw on BB23, which no doubt was fresh on people's minds when filming S41 and 42.

I wonder if Tori was also a reason for it too. They knew she wanted Rocks out, and then they saw that not only did Rocks get voted out right after Chanelle, but it happened in a tribal without Tori even involved, so it meant multiple people had that mindset to get him out. And on top of that, the person they told Drea to get out (Maryanne) would've gone home if Drea did play her idol correctly, should she have needed to (which she probably felt already that she did).

It's not a race thing in the sense that they were voting like that, obviously. But it's a reaction from Drea to history and perception.

On a diff note, that was still a weird ending to the tribal. No voting required, but they allowed everyone to publicly state their vote, let idols be played, AND still let Tori play the shot in the dark? How is that even fair at all? If I was Lindsey, I would've been beyond mad getting voted out due to that. How was someone allowed playing a shot in the dark AFTER votes are known, AFTER idols are played, with literally 0 risk since you didnt have a vote to begin with.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:47 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah I think Jeff took over the tribal without really realizing the fairness of the rocks at that point. Maryanne can't whisper so she just said it, and in the moment, things got weird.

Also, Johnathan picked a bad time to start talking and strategizing
Old 05-02-2022, 11:37 AM   #14
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Johnathan's social awareness in and out of the game is completely 0

I was surprised to see Mike vote for Rocksroy. I wish Survivor read all the votes because now he can just deny it and play the good guy.
Old 05-02-2022, 01:48 PM   #15

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Johnathan's social awareness in and out of the game is completely 0

I was surprised to see Mike vote for Rocksroy. I wish Survivor read all the votes because now he can just deny it and play the good guy.
Theres no need to read all. Once the final vote is read, you know if theres more, it's all for the person voted out. They reorder the votes before the reveal for suspense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2022, 01:58 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Theres no need to read all. Once the final vote is read, you know if theres more, it's all for the person voted out. They reorder the votes before the reveal for suspense.
but they talk to the camera when they vote, it'd be cool to see what they all say

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »