Home

Few questions....

This is a discussion on Few questions.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Few questions....

I have Madden and have been playing it and it is okay. I am thinking about picking this game up, but I had a few questions.

1. I heard somewhere that there are a ton on int's in this game. Is it fixable with sliders?

2. How is the franchise mode?

3. Is the game too easy?

4. Does the CPU run effectively?

5. Do people edit attributes on the rosters? If you do does that not let you play a franchise because the new players would not be edited?

6. Do you need to edit rosters to have a realistic game of football?

Thanks in advance for you answers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Few questions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
I have Madden and have been playing it and it is okay. I am thinking about picking this game up, but I had a few questions.

1. I heard somewhere that there are a ton on int's in this game. Is it fixable with sliders?

3. Is the game too easy?

5. Do people edit attributes on the rosters? If you do does that not let you play a franchise because the new players would not be edited?

Thanks in advance for you answers?
The CPU throws alot of picks. It can be reduced, but not fiixed with sliders. Playing human v human reduces this.

Not as good as Madden..if you are used to Madden you wioll be disappointed.

3. Is the game too easy?
Relative. I don't believe it is too easy on the right levell and sliders for your gameplaying style/skills.

They run and can be successful.

People do edit the rosters and change attributes for a more realistic simulation of football. It does help. Rookies can also be edited as well. You'll need Finn's Roster editor for all this stuff...a must have!

Against the cpu I would say yes, but it all depends on your skill level and sliders used.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
Pro

What exactly is Finn's editor and how do you use it? Has anybody used the editor and posted a roster to check out?
Old 10-25-2004, 06:17 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
What exactly is Finn's editor and how do you use it? Has anybody used the editor and posted a roster to check out?
You don't NEED the Roster Editor to edit player attributes, as long as you do it outside of a Franchise, Tournament, etc. Ditto for editing Rookie Draft Picks, which can be edited inside of your Franchise as long as you edit them sometime before the draft occurs (you can start editing them after Week 8 via "ESPN.com" > "Rookie Watch") and you have enabled the Edit Rookies option when you started your franchise.

That being said, Finn's roster editor allows for easier, more efficient tweaking of ratings (ex. global percentage tweaks, such as reducing every ILB's tackle rating 15%), and allows players' birthdate and position to be edited as well. If I understand correctly, Finn's roster editor can also be applied on Franchise saves.

Referring to your other questions:

There are some, more than Madden. There is, however, an Interception slider that can increase and reduce the frequency of INTs.

Compared to Madden's, not as good. Weekly Prep, while interesting in theory, is not fun in practice, as it is not well explained and very tedious. Also, the CPU-controlled teams will sometimes make odd trades and heavily prioritize QBs, HBs, OTs, and DEs in the first round of the draft.

3. Is the game too easy?

You'll have to play it to find out for yourself. If it is too easy, make it harder via the sliders. Unlike Madden, which has set difficulty levels, ESPN's has some difficulty presets that can be changed thoroughly via the sliders.

Out of the box on Pro, no. On All-Pro, sometimes. If you adjust the sliders some, definite yes. Last night Redskins' RB Clinton Portis torched me to the tune of 170 yards and 2 TDs.

Not necessarily, IMO. I've made a couple of roster edits where certain players have performed better in real life than they are rated in the game, but I have not thoroughly gone through and adjusted the entire NFL's ratings like others have. I tend to find it very realistic and challenging.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 10-25-2004 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:04 PM   #5
Pro

Thanks a lot for the answers the guys, I appreciate, it sounds like most people really like this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2004, 02:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Referring to your other questions:

Compared to Madden's, not as good. Weekly Prep, while interesting in theory, is not fun in practice, as it is not well explained and very tedious. Also, the CPU-controlled teams will sometimes make odd trades and heavily prioritize QBs, HBs, OTs, and DEs in the first round of the draft.
What is it with videogame football that makes this an issue on *both* games? Ok, I can't speak to Madden 2005, but in 2004 the computer would always take WRs and HBs first. If you wanted a WR that was projected to go 4th-7th round, you'd better get him in the 1st anyway.

Why does this get messed up?

Dave

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »