Home

How has Drew Henson progressed in you franchise?

This is a discussion on How has Drew Henson progressed in you franchise? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2004, 11:00 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: How has Drew Henson progressed in you franchise?

*smh*

why dear god why did I lay 20 more bucks down on this game after trading it in for Halo 2?

I guess those damn pretty *** graphics lured me in, along with the fact that the back cover was a little different then the original. it made me think that their could possibly be a 'revised' version of the game released. ahhh it sucks to have hope

I guess I'll search for some good sliders for madden and enjoy the great franchise that EA provides, no matter how hard it is to hold the opposing QB under 300 yards a game

I guess I'll see about trading this game in for Project Gotham 2 at Gamestop or whatever...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2004, 08:04 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
why dear god why did I lay 20 more bucks down on this game after trading it in for Halo 2?
Well the 2K5 running game is probably worth $20 bucks. Franchise is ratched pretty bad yes, but everyone already knows that. This progression stuff is really bad though -- guess it was some shortcut they decided to go with. I'll be renting 2K6 before I buy it next year. But you have to believe they'll improve this stuff.

Or maybe this is their idea of acceptable game programming?
Old 12-06-2004, 01:27 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

in NBA 2k5 has the same problem, look at Lebron James
Old 12-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

This has been simultanously discovered over at www.epsnvideogames.com

I think you might be well received with this information over in some of those threads baa, if you'd like to continue to share this info with people.

It is a crappy way to do things. Just think, they probably had to take programming shortcuts like these to free up programming time for stuff like "The Crib" and producing the weekly "Sportscenter" show. Well, given the choice between the crib and a real working progression system like we're used to, I know which I'd pick.

Baa, if you feel like it, I have a good idea for an experiment. Take any player, and track his progression over say 5 seasons. Then edit EVERY single attribute of that player (say, make EVERYTHING 35 or something like that...some arbitrary number) and track his progession over the same amount of time. One last step...edit that player again, this time to a signifigantly different number then before (say, make EVERY attribute 80 this time) and track his progression again.

If all 3 scenerios produce the same results, we can safely assume that none of the players attributes affect their progression results. If the progression actually is different, we know there is some attribute that helps determine the progression.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:43 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Well the 2K5 running game is probably worth $20 bucks. Franchise is ratched pretty bad yes, but everyone already knows that. This progression stuff is really bad though -- guess it was some shortcut they decided to go with. I'll be renting 2K6 before I buy it next year. But you have to believe they'll improve this stuff.

Or maybe this is their idea of acceptable game programming?
LMAO you really need to go read some of the stuff at espnvideogames. Exactly the same quotes, ver batum!
Old 12-06-2004, 04:01 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garasaki
I have a good idea for an experiment. Take any player, and track his progression over say 5 seasons. Then edit EVERY single attribute of that player (say, make EVERYTHING 35 or something like that...some arbitrary number) and track his progession over the same amount of time. One last step...edit that player again, this time to a signifigantly different number then before (say, make EVERY attribute 80 this time) and track his progression again.
I started a franchise with Manning, Henson and Fitzgerald with all their ratings @ 30.

Manning: Started @ 21, then 27, 33, 34 and 36
Henson: Started @ 21, then 23, 24, 23 and 21
Manning: Started @ 0, then 5, 8, 10 and 11

There was no point in continuing because the numbers weren’t going to increase much more. That’s because the only rating that was going up a lot (or not) was Consistency. By the third season, Manning’s and Fitzgerald’s Consistency was in the mid-70’s. Henson’s was 27: it had dropped 3 points. All other ratings were going up a few points or staying where they were.

So I guess that’s how they programmed the Progression – mainly as an big increase (or not) in certain players’ Consistency rating.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:02 PM   #31
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

I personally don't think it would irritate people nearly as much had it been a rating that influenced that we could change. I know that'd make me much happier, especially if there was a surprise rookie or something, that you could see was going to rise pretty quickly, but you know that VC didn't give him a chance to get much better. Someone who completely surprises everyone like Boldin last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »