Home

Sliders make no difference, check this out...

This is a discussion on Sliders make no difference, check this out... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Sliders make no difference, check this out...

I got to the point, where i'm convinced that the sliders make no difference. I got so frustrated the other day that I maxed out all the defensive sliders and I zeroed out all the offensive sliers, with each teams fatigue at 39. Now you would figure that the defense would dominate the way it usually does, but it didn't. There were recievers wide open on both teams. The defenders didn't magically leave thier reciever and jump to cover someone else's reciever. I couldn't believe it. I had performance Eq on. Yet this tactic only worked once. When I tried it again the defense was back to normal even better than before. That's why I say I don't think the sliders really have anything to do with the game.
Check out these stats with me as the Texans.

Hou 24
Tenn 27

Passing
McNair 15-20 75% 309yds 1td 0int
Carr 29-38 76% 383yds 2td 0int

Rushing
C. Brown 20-62yds 3td

Davis 14 - 4yds
Hollings 10 - 18yds

Recieving
Mason 5-127
Calico 5-118

Miller 5-100
Johnson 9-130
Bradford 6-124
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2004, 09:59 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Sliders make no difference, check this out...

Some sliders work well, others don't work so well, some make little difference, and some work or don't work depending on whether you’re simming games or playing User games. It's all a hodge-podge. For example, the Injury slider works when simming games, but the Interception slider doesn’t. The Pursuit slider makes a huge difference in User games. I did extensive experiments with the Kicking sliders and can verify that they make little difference at all to User and Coach games. It all depends on the particular slider and the game type.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's basically for this reason that I think player edit's are the key to making this game more realistic, NOT slider adjustments!
Old 11-24-2004, 12:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garasaki
It's basically for this reason that I think player edit's are the key to making this game more realistic, NOT slider adjustments!
Absolutely. With ratings edits the game can hum along nicely with a few slider adjustments here and there - Fatigue, Pursuit, Coverage sliders etc. And with Finn's editor it makes it completely possible this year to doctor the gameplay any way one wants.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:49 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I've boiled down to the fact that sliders don't take much effect until the next game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2004, 11:20 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

maybe if you turned eq off????
Old 11-26-2004, 01:15 AM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I think they work, but I have been stuggling with sliders myself. I am not looking for perfect statistics, just a nice balanced game. But no matter what I do, it is either ridiculously easy to run the ball, or impossible. When the running game seems to be coming together, all of a sudden the passing game is way too easy or too hard.

The same struggles occur on defense too. The CPU can't amass 200 yards in a game. I make a few tweaks and all of a sudden the star reciever for the CPU has 287 yards and 4 TDs on me.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:42 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

If you have EQ on then no wonder the sliders did nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »