Home

SuperBowl Presentation

This is a discussion on SuperBowl Presentation within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
SuperBowl Presentation

The game is been out for a while, so hopefully this won't spoil anything for anyone.

The pregame and post game were nice. Seems like they added a little bit to last years game. Berman said "Welcome to a special halftime"....but it didn't seem any different from any other halftime. I think Tecmo was the last game to have a special halftime.

A couple quick questions though:
1. What happened to the helmets of the participating teams on the 30 yard lines? Yes, it is trivial, but I loved that feature in 2K4. It really gave it a the look of a superbowl, and not a generic look you see in a video game.

2. Why isn't the superbowl at night? Again, it is trivial, but it just doesn't seem right seeing the Lombardi trophy being hoisted in the daylight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2004, 01:44 AM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: SuperBowl Presentation

Isn't it in the evening? Everytime i've played the superbowl it's been in the afternoon. It would've worked better if they could get it to be afternoon then slowly get dark by the end of the game.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-26-2004, 01:49 AM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
Isn't it in the evening? Everytime i've played the superbowl it's been in the afternoon. It would've worked better if they could get it to be afternoon then slowly get dark by the end of the game.
Actually yeah, it is afternoon in 2k5. But 6:30pm in Florida in February, it will be dark already. West coast superbowls start in the daylight and end well after sunset.....that would be cool to implement. But if we have to go with one or the other, I'll take night time.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:42 PM   #4
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Plus everything looks better in the night time. Like the shine of the helmets and what not. I hope ESPN adapts the time and weather change for next years game.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:49 PM   #5
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I love the superbowl presentation this year but I want to see them add alot more next year. Maybe a special halftime show or something like a special interview with several players from the winning team and the coaches.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
Yes. Usually by the the end of the game its pretty much dark. ESPN has not yet added day to night changes. Jmood, I also hope they add a lot of features as this years isn't much better than last years presentation.

They need to make a "playoff atmosphere". Make it feel special while playing in the playoffs. More crowd frenzy, better pre-halftime-post game coverage. They can do a whole lot w/it and I hope they do.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:15 PM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny
Yes. Usually by the the end of the game its pretty much dark. ESPN has not yet added day to night changes. Jmood, I also hope they add a lot of features as this years isn't much better than last years presentation.

They need to make a "playoff atmosphere". Make it feel special while playing in the playoffs. More crowd frenzy, better pre-halftime-post game coverage. They can do a whole lot w/it and I hope they do.
Yeah I agree. They need to up to playoff atmosphere alot. They've promised it the last few years but it really isn't any different. There should be special commentary for the playoffs and the superbowl. They say a couple of different things but that's it.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-01-2004, 05:24 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

I believe he is speaking of the logos on the field at the 30 yard line or so.

D_L_V, I like the season within a season idea. They could definetely make it unlockable and this would make the game much more enjoyable. Give me a reason to play frachise mode and feel rewarded for doing so.

EDIT: Somehow the forum clock must be off. I typed this after D_L_V and my post is ahead of his with my time being before him.

Last edited by vinny; 12-01-2004 at 05:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »