Home

In My Franchise Ray Lewis Only Averages...

This is a discussion on In My Franchise Ray Lewis Only Averages... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2004, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Exclamation In My Franchise Ray Lewis Only Averages...

4 TKL a game and like 2 assists.

I've noticed that when playing against the Comp. my big LBs in general (Urlacher, Bell, Bruschi etc..) only get like 4-5 TKL a game. Meanhwhile Will Demps averages about 12 TKL a game..

Is there any fix for this, or is anyone else experiencing this?

Any help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2004, 12:10 PM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: In My Franchise Ray Lewis Only Averages...

It depends what sliders you use and how long your game is?
Old 11-29-2004, 12:14 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

The D Line is way, way, way too tackle-happy IMO. It's part of the prob with the running game in general. One could argue whether DL’s are good tacklers or simply bulky obstacles that RB’s happen to run into. But when you take 2K5’s programming into consideration, it becomes clear the D Line is simply way, way, way too tackle-happy. They’re just too good in this game.

Possible fix: lower Pursuit and/or lower Tackling. This in theory will allow the ball carrier to break that initial first hit by the D line, allowing the LB’s to mop up a bit more tackling-wise.

Another possible fix: I lowered DL Tackle ratings by 50% or more. This substantially improved the game IMO. Now RB’s are able to get 2-4 yards per carry on a regular basis, which then makes the CPU QB a lot less pass-happy. And the LB’s become critical in helping to stop the run. Sure, D line guys are probably better tacklers than a 30 Tackle rating. But VC overdid the tackling this year – CLOTHSLINE! – and that’s really where you have to lower their ratings to get the game to run properly and the stats to work out right… IMO.

Last edited by baa7; 11-29-2004 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Nukester's Arena

OVR: 2

I find that my better defensive ends dont get as many tackles or sacks for that matter. The DT's get many more sacks for my team. I play as the Giants, and letting the CPU control Michael Strahan for every play in my franchise, he managed 0.5 sacks for the season. Thats just not right

My LB's and safeties seem to get most of the tackles.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:29 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

The Safety's and CB's get more tackles because the LB's get ran over, blocked and are just not there to make plays. The Dline is really not tackle happy either. I'm not going to go into it. But if you notice 34 ILB's are poor performers in the game. Lewis, Farrior, Bell, Hartwell, Bruschi, Johnson, Sharper and Foreman all are bad in the game as far as tackling statistics. They all share the 34 defense. That should throw up a red flag concerning 3 man line defenses in the game. I'll stop right there.

VC did not overdo the tackling either. Not when stiff arm after stiff arm, shoulder charge after shoulder charge on the same run works. Ok I'm stopping
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2004, 01:23 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I average 8 tackles a game with Randall Godfrey in the Chargers 3-4 scheme.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was playing in a dynasty with the Eagles and just decided to see the League Leaders board. I came across the Ravens and Lewis had zeros across the board. I checked the injury report and he was healthy, so this just must have been one of those glitches. In a fantasy draft season, I had Lewis and he got 110 tackles. So things vary, depends on what defense you have too.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:56 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I average 8 tackles a game with Randall Godfrey in the Chargers 3-4 scheme.

Yeah, if you do it, you can get a host of them. But when I run a franchise and I say select the Seahawks and I look around the league at the end of the season at the tackling stats, and I don't see, Lewis, Sharper, Bruschi and guys like that, that's when I know something needs to be done. Additionally, I'd ask everyone to go look at the online leagues on espnvideogames website. Look at the league leaders. I promise in 80-90% of these leagues the top tacklers are Safety's and CB's. That maybe due to people cheesing it up, I dunno.

Last edited by LBzrule; 11-29-2004 at 05:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »