Home

NFL2k6: Rank Your Improvements

This is a discussion on NFL2k6: Rank Your Improvements within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2004, 02:32 PM   #9
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NFL2k6: Rank Your Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
1) Defensive Hot Routes, A.I and playbooks
- this includes everything from secondary coverage, tackling, linemen off the snap, linebacker force and flow, QB Spy, Blitzing, response to PA RO's ect. With tackling ESPECIALLY tackling on the QB. Make people scared to run with the QB. Need more injuries and fumbles on QB's. 2k4 was almost right, why go backwards.

2) Need a really Great set of rosters. That has plagued the game the last 2 years IMO.

3) Interface issues. Switching needs to be smoother and no hesitation when you do so, pass defend buttons need to be in a more comfortable spot. And how about this, with the shifts, please make the guys move into position faster.

4) Player movement - needs to be more fluid.

5) Online: leagues - should be divided into conferences and divisions, add FA signing period and a draft. Do something about the disconnect droppers who don't get charged for a loss; crazy subs; Sim Play vs Regular play. Sim Play is like Madden's fair play - regular play is what we already have. Two different rankings systems as a result.

6) Offensive line blocking - DT glitch and DE glitch. Sad thing is, like I posted elsewhere, the offensive line picks up almost any and every blitz, but cannot handle when another user plays as a defensive linemen with even a 3 man rush. Go back to 2k3. You had to really work hard to get through with the pass rush moves manually. Either that, or add chip blocking. Don't bring back the no sacks problem from 2k3 please.

7) Weekly Prep - Put some meat on this. Add Mini games ect.

8) New IN GAME atmosphere. Bring back the pump up the crowd feature and then have the crowd actually respond to the player, and then have the player feed off the crowd. Much like EA's NCAA.

9) Fatigue - stated this in wishlist. The harder you play the more energy you expel which means less effective shoulder charges and stiff arms have players get really tired and take breathers throughout the course of the entire game. There are only a handful of guys that play every snap. No running back plays EVERY snap and has the same effectiveness with moves. Nobody.

10) Passing game - Make Max Passing matter more. Second, I wasn't for it but no I am. Make people who do not switch to catch more likely to have WR's drop it. The ball just magically goes right into the WR's hands too much.

11) Clipping - No more GHOST. No more balls going through defenders body and the WR catching it. No more RB's morphing through their offensive linemen or defenders and getting more yards. No more of this please. Now on to NFL clipping. Offensive linemen, if another one of them pushes my guy in the back while he's on his way to the QB I will scream. The defender can be right there on top of the QB the offensive lineman will push him in the back, then he will turn a 180 and engage the blocker instead of continuing toward the QB. Come on now.

Ehhhhh just touching the surface. I'm stopping there.
Great list.

Only change I'd make is moving your #4 to #1. Player Movement should be VC's top priority as far as gameplay repairs are concerned.

And I definitely agree with you on #9 ...fatigue: http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...&postcount=104
Old 12-11-2004, 10:36 PM   #10
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

1) New Playoff Atmosphere Unique to Regular Season

2) Overhaul Draft Atmosphere and Involvement--I've posted a ton of ideas about this in other forums. This is arguably #1.

3) New Approach to Weekly Prep--Good idea...not executed as well as it should've been.

4) More Intelligent Blocking AI--It's a lot better in 2K5 than 2K4.

5) All New Commentary Throughout

6) Post-Game Interviews and Chris Berman Lip Sync Fix with MORE Variety

7) New Menu Layout and Improved Organization--It'd be nice to have a few things more convienient...but hardly a priority.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:19 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Two items:

Please develop a new kick meter! We've seen creativity with the NBA 2K series as well as college basketball. Heck, I wouldn't mind a copy of Madden's meter.

Fix the simulated stats. We don't need quarter adjustments or anything similar. A simulated game should be based on 60 minutes of football w/ realistic stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2004, 06:16 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishamonX
Fix the simulated stats. We don't need quarter adjustments or anything similar. A simulated game should be based on 60 minutes of football w/ realistic stats.
The "quarter adjustments" or sim quarter length is there to allow you to adjust the outcome of the stats. There's nothing wrong with simmed stats. They work out perfectly with 5-6 minute simmed quarters. Sounds like you've got your sim quarter lengths set too high or too low.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:40 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Great list.

Only change I'd make is moving your #4 to #1. Player Movement should be VC's top priority as far as gameplay repairs are concerned.

And I definitely agree with you on #9 ...fatigue: http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...&postcount=104

I agree wholeheartedly. Player movement/control should be VC's number one priority.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:19 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

Thanks vinny. It did not surprise me that out rankings were very similar.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:20 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Ohhh I wasn't doing a wishlist, I misread however. I thought you meant the things that are most important to us individually. Didn't know you wanted us to rank what you had. Sorry.
No problem LBzrule! I figured that it was an oversight.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »