Home

WOW, this forum is . . .

This is a discussion on WOW, this forum is . . . within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2004, 01:30 AM   #1
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
WOW, this forum is . . .

REALLY DEAD. im just catching my second wind of espn football. this forum used to be hopping with posts and new threads all the time and now there's nothing. are we all still playing the game or have we nitpicked everything enough. you guys ought to try ballaholics new sliders and rosters in the sliders section. they are the best, period. props to him and his team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2004, 10:29 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: WOW, this forum is . . .

I play it on occasion still, but its hard to find time w/all the new games coming out. You got basketball, halo, and all you other games. I'll have to see how those sliders work, usually I use my own, maybe those will give me a fresh start w/the game.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I quit the game about a month after it came out due to the glitches on H2H play. I play almost entirely on Xbox Live and the DL Glitch (specifically) completely ruined the game for sim play online, even using Legend/EQ settings.

I wasn't even coming around to the boards anymore; this is only my second stop in the last three months. I wanted to see if they patched that glitch so I could go back and try playing the game again.

Looks like they have no intention of fixing the DL Glitch, so I'm pretty much finished with 2K5. They really screwed this game by not adequately play-testing it in H2H competition. Oh well, what waste...

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Old 12-11-2004, 10:32 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

Me and my homies still play it all the time..the game rocks and i had it since day one. Yes its not perfect but neither is madden lol...ESPN gets the nod with ease.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:19 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile_17
I quit the game about a month after it came out due to the glitches on H2H play. I play almost entirely on Xbox Live and the DL Glitch (specifically) completely ruined the game for sim play online, even using Legend/EQ settings.

Looks like they have no intention of fixing the DL Glitch, so I'm pretty much finished with 2K5. They really screwed this game by not adequately play-testing it in H2H competition. Oh well, what waste...
I feel the same way more or less. I went back to 2K4 a few weeks ago. The horrible CPU passing game, and all the INT’s and dropped balls made 2K5 unplayable for me. Coach Mode is basically ruined. Also: can’t QB run – too easy; can’t WR hot route – money. I also found a bug in custom playbooks, which is all I use, where the CPU D will blitz all 11 guys in certain situations when I audible. I can actually see them shift and get ready, so I know my 5 receivers are all going to be wide open. Pretty unplayable, against the CPU anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #6
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I feel the same way more or less. I went back to 2K4 a few weeks ago. The horrible CPU passing game, and all the INT’s and dropped balls made 2K5 unplayable for me. Coach Mode is basically ruined. Also: can’t QB run – too easy; can’t WR hot route – money. I also found a bug in custom playbooks, which is all I use, where the CPU D will blitz all 11 guys in certain situations when I audible. I can actually see them shift and get ready, so I know my 5 receivers are all going to be wide open. Pretty unplayable, against the CPU anyway.
Lmao. Wow, you have alot of problems with the game, I'm glad those haven't happened to me.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-12-2004, 03:20 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Lmao. Wow, you have alot of problems with the game, I'm glad those haven't happened to me.
You are very lucky for sure, because all this has been documented here already, many times. For example: pick a QB, any QB. Go into Empty Formation (there are a number of formations that you can use but this will do). Pick QB Draw or QB Sneak. Now just run, run, run. Keeping running. You will score TD after TD after TD. I won 7 Super Bowls in 7 years, just by running my QB every play, all year. If the guy got hurt, I'd pick up some FA scrub QB with a 45 rating and run him! I'm in year 8 now, and as a new challenge I’ve subbed in my cheerleading squad in the QB position, and I’m running with them. So far I'm 9-0 and looking good for the playoffs!
Old 12-12-2004, 03:24 PM   #8
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You are very lucky for sure, because all this has been documented here already, many times. For example: pick a QB, any QB. Go into Empty Formation (there are a number of formations that you can use but this will do). Pick QB Draw or QB Sneak. Now just run, run, run. Keeping running. You will score TD after TD after TD. I won 7 Super Bowls in 7 years, just by running my QB every play, all year. If the guy got hurt, I'd pick up some FA scrub QB with a 45 rating and run him! I'm in year 8 now, and as a new challenge I’ve subbed in my cheerleading squad in the QB position, and I’m running with them. So far I'm 9-0 and looking good for the playoffs!
I do run alot, I play with the saints. It is a little easy to run but it's not ad enough where I hate the game. 2k4 had it worst. And how do you run all the time when the quarterbacks start to get tired and way slower then what they are? I've tried to run every play to try to unlock stuff in the crib and I can't do it. They start to watch the quarterback and it's much harder to get away from the linebackers. I don't know what game you're playing but that doesn't happen to me.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »