Home

Madden fan feels bad for ESPN players

This is a discussion on Madden fan feels bad for ESPN players within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2004, 03:33 PM   #9
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden fan feels bad for ESPN players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
NCAA by EA hasn't had any competition for years and they've added alot of things and improved it alot each year. Although I know some people see some "issues" with this years version it's pretty clear that EA hasn't rested on it's laurels and has tried to significantly add to it each year.

Not really they havent pushed the edge as much as they should...They update and add on but nothing groundbreaking. The stadium features are cool add ons but the graphics are still dated and the animations are still limited no gang tackles, They are always a step behind the NFL game so this is going to be scary for sports gamers.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:35 PM   #10
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSB215
Exactly. This whole idea that EA will simply stop improving their games is a farce. If there's no improvment people will not buy them and jsut stick with the previous year's version. This is absurd.

It depends on what you call improvement adding a New Feature and slightly tweaking game play plus updating the roster to me should not equate a fifty dollar purchase.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #11
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Agreed.
No competition is a bad thing for everybody.
so agreed, just take alook at what has happened to their Nascar Thunder Franchise on the console once Dirt to Daytona left the scene 2 years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 03:43 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiggalsu
Not really they havent pushed the edge as much as they should...They update and add on but nothing groundbreaking. The stadium features are cool add ons but the graphics are still dated and the animations are still limited no gang tackles, They are always a step behind the NFL game so this is going to be scary for sports gamers.
Well whether they "push the edge" is subjective of course but I think them adding player composure, the home field advantage, new defensive controls and other things are significant steps to take in one year, especially considering as implied by alot of people they just slap some new #'s in there and add a worthless feature and call it a game. They have no competition there w/NCAA and they still improve that game a good deal each year, adding gameplay features that affect how it plays alot, so I don't agree EA will just be really lazy and do very little now that they have no competition.

Also they are not without competition entirely even now. From what I've read the NCAA team (which is entirely separate from the Madden team) competes with the Madden team internally quite a bit to improve their products more than the other team so they still will have internal competition.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:46 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 18

Madden fans can be your own worst enemie. I remember when the first madden came out, yeah it was hot, it was new. After a couple of years it became garbage because EA learned that they had leverage, in that they were the only game on the market. So, they made updates and diehard ea fans (even to this day) buy madden no matter what. So, if I am ea sports once I lull the diehard sheep back to sleep, it will be business as usual. It is not absurd to think they will do this...why? because they have already done it. You madden faithful will have yourselves to blame.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #14
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

Quote:
Well whether they "push the edge" is subjective of course but I think them adding player composure, the home field advantage, new defensive controls and other things are significant steps to take in one year, especially considering as implied by alot of people they just slap some new #'s in there and add a worthless feature and call it a game. They have no competition there w/NCAA and they still improve that game a good deal each year, adding gameplay features that affect how it plays alot, so I don't agree EA will just be really lazy and do very little now that they have no competition.

Also they are not without competition entirely even now. From what I've read the NCAA team (which is entirely separate from the Madden team) competes with the Madden team internally quite a bit to improve their products more than the other team so they still will have internal competition.

Those features were great don't get me wrong and they add a new level to the game but its still feels like the same game with add ons. I am not silly to think the will come out with a whole new game from scratch. But it just seems like they give us a little extra to justify a new purchase
Old 12-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Madden fans can be your own worst enemie. I remember when the first madden came out, yeah it was hot, it was new. After a couple of years it became garbage because EA learned that they had leverage, in that they were the only game on the market. So, they made updates and diehard ea fans (even to this day) buy madden no matter what. So, if I am ea sports once I lull the diehard sheep back to sleep, it will be business as usual. It is not absurd to think they will do this...why? because they have already done it. You madden faithful will have yourselves to blame.
B.S. - The fact that ESPN has sold alot this year proves the fact that not all Madden fans are just blind sheep. Homerism works both ways..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #16
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
B.S. - The fact that ESPN has sold alot this year proves the fact that not all Madden fans are just blind sheep. Homerism works both ways..
back in the day the only football game i had was the college football usa 96 and that was all i had and i enjoyed it. i never bought madden till this year b/c i played madden at my uncles house and never played it be4 and i was winning 31-14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »