Home

playmakers is the way to go

This is a discussion on playmakers is the way to go within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2004, 11:32 PM   #9
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: playmakers is the way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
So you guys are telling me you want to turn a quality simulation football game like 2K5 into a suped-up "NFL Blitz" type game? But more-so with suspensions, late hits, and drug tests?
No one is saying that.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-17-2004, 12:05 AM   #10
Rookie

Patman's Arena

OVR: 4

The sports line should stay to its ideals of realism... but now they can do some of the rougher stuff that the players association and teams may not like... i.e. actions off-the-field actions of questionable legality (the star cornerback was arrested on tuesday after beating his wife and then riding his pet alligator "Snuffy" across town at 3AM in a drugged out stupor but the owner wants his man to play... but playing him will take a hit to team morale), certain dirty moves involving linemen, ridiculous holdouts, agents manipulations... oh, without licenses they can play the entire field... the problem is that we run into the possibility of heading down the "over the top" Blitz type mode and bizzare storyline sequences that read out of a bad Fox drama... Nobody should bring the whole "Playmakers" storyline, but keep it in line with reality... if it happens then it should happen with relatively the same frequency... realism/reality at its core should be in place to keep the series going. They (in my opinion) don't have to do silly stuff like elaborate dance sequences and 2 minute long TD celebrations or neon colored score graphics.

Again, I don't play this game (hockey and other video games to play, NCAA hockey to follow, and a full time Teaching Assistanceship and courses to keep up with) but I think Radja is on the right track. If I'm understanding what he's looking for. However I've been very much of the idea that meters should be hidden unless they are being used for management purposes (health meters are good... momentum meters are bad).

UConn Grad Student/TA
UMass-Lowell B.S. Math '04
Old 12-17-2004, 02:03 AM   #11
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
No one is saying that.
LOL, of course that's what he and others are saying. Read the original posters quote:

"the game should include things the nfl does not want shown like drug tests, illegal hits and suspensions. the drug test could be an easy addition. the cpu just selects players at random times to be on various drugs, and then at regular times have drug tests slecting random players."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2004, 04:21 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
LOL, of course that's what he and others are saying. Read the original posters quote:

"the game should include things the nfl does not want shown like drug tests, illegal hits and suspensions. the drug test could be an easy addition. the cpu just selects players at random times to be on various drugs, and then at regular times have drug tests slecting random players."

I just wanna juice those dudes up like hulk-maniacs.

what kind of dirty hits do you think would be coolest? i'm thinking a bunch of clotheslines.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:51 AM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

That's not being a suped up Blitz, its being the real NFL.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:22 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
"Additional modes that have been confirmed so far are complete customization of teams, players, stadiums, and more."

Hopefully that answers any questions about SEGA doing the same in ESPN 2k6.
Yankee, where did you get this supposed 'confirmation'? Can you please give me a link to read it first hand from Sega or VC?
Old 12-17-2004, 09:24 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
So you guys are telling me you want to turn a quality simulation football game like 2K5 into a suped-up "NFL Blitz" type game? But more-so with suspensions, late hits, and drug tests?
Hey Pac-Man,

Having late hits, suspensions, brutal collisions, pushing and shoving after the play, yelling at refs, and even player ejections is NOT Blitz-Style football. It is REAL NFL FOOTBALL. All of these things occur in the real NFL, regardless of the hypocrisy that the NFL practices trying to hide it. This is what NFL2kers want and have wanted for a LOOOOONG time—a game that accurately depicts what happens in the NFL. Blitz Football is over the top, much like Mortal Kombat meets High Impact. In the real NFL, footballs don't catch on fire. You also don't have hits where a guy goes flying back 10 yards from the collision. The proposals for Sega to create an accurate NFL-style game would and should realistically include suspensions, personal fouls, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2004, 09:27 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
That's not being a suped up Blitz, its being the real NFL.
Well said sky. My point exactly. Both you and I are realists as to what the NFL actually IS…not what they (NFL) TELL US they are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »