Home

Sega And Take Two Respond To EA's New Monopoly.

This is a discussion on Sega And Take Two Respond To EA's New Monopoly. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sega And Take Two Respond To EA's New Monopoly.

Quote:

POSTED: 12/14/2004 6:36 PM

ost yesterday's EA-NFL-ownership-fallout Sega and Take-Two respond with a statement:

"Sega has maintained a high level of competition in the football genre by publishing critically-acclaimed sports brands such as ESPN NFL 2K5. The agreement endorsed by EA, the National Football League and PLAYERS INC removes the competitive playing field; limiting creativity and innovation -- two fundamental principles that drive Sega and our industry to produce better games. Sega will continue to publish a diverse portfolio of sports and entertainment content."

Take-Two adds:

"“While sports games in general are an important part of Take-Two's product diversification strategy, the licensed NFL game we distributed on behalf of Sega this year was not a material contributor to our profitability to date, nor was it expected to be a meaningful contributor in the upcoming year. We remain committed to continued diversification of our product portfolio, including sports.

We believe that the decisions of the National Football League and PLAYERS INC to grant an exclusive license for videogames do a tremendous disservice to the consumers and sports fans whose funds ultimately support the NFL, by limiting their choices, curbing creativity and almost certainly leading to higher game prices.”

We'll have more on this story when it breaks.

-Billy Berghammer
http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/2...1831.56914.htm

Sign Petition (below) For NFL To Keep EA Sports From Monopolizing The Gaming Industry

Petition (click)

Electronic Arts
Trudy Muller, 650-628-7323
[email protected]

NFL
Brian McCarthy, 212-450-2069
[email protected]

PLAYERS INC
Christy Moran, 202-496-2885
[email protected]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Sega And Take Two Respond To EA's New Monopoly.

old
Old 12-15-2004, 05:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Crap. I hadn't read Take Two's thoughts on this yet.

Sign Petition (below) For NFL To Keep EA Sports From Monopolizing The Gaming Industry

Petition (click)

Electronic Arts
Trudy Muller, 650-628-7323
[email protected]

NFL
Brian McCarthy, 212-450-2069
[email protected]

PLAYERS INC
Christy Moran, 202-496-2885
[email protected]
Old 12-15-2004, 07:14 PM   #4
Rookie

There has got to be away around this. Maybe 2k6 could have editors for helmets(logos),stadium editors, and other editors allowing the gamer to change these things. VC could go half way while the gamers go the other half. Example would be to keep the colors of real teams and names such as Baltimore or Pittsburg and allow the gamer to change these things to Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburg Steelers..etc. Im sure the NFL police cant search every home in the country. hehehe. It would be a kick in EA's ***. I would buy it for sure. ESPN Football 2k6 would be the name and alot of new gamers to the 2k series came this year and loved it. Some even dropped Madden to play more 2k5.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:48 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensistar
There has got to be away around this. Maybe 2k6 could have editors for helmets(logos),stadium editors, and other editors allowing the gamer to change these things. VC could go half way while the gamers go the other half. Example would be to keep the colors of real teams and names such as Baltimore or Pittsburg and allow the gamer to change these things to Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburg Steelers..etc. Im sure the NFL police cant search every home in the country. hehehe. It would be a kick in EA's ***. I would buy it for sure. ESPN Football 2k6 would be the name and alot of new gamers to the 2k series came this year and loved it. Some even dropped Madden to play more 2k5.
The general public won't do all of that work and without them it's not profitable to make a game. Sure Sega could do it just for us but they wouldn't make any money on it and they don't make games out of the kindness of their heart so this idea won't fly..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2004, 08:54 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensistar
Some even dropped Madden to play more 2k5.
And quite a few tried it and didn't like it. So what's your point? I tried it, liked some features of it, hated others. The killer for me was the franchise mode problems. I'm a big franchise mode player so I had to stay with Madden. Yes Madden has bugs, but I'm going to buy whichever game works better for me.

Do I disagree with this, yes, like has been said, it kills competition. Will I still buy Madden? Yes.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:20 AM   #7
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
And quite a few tried it and didn't like it. So what's your point? I tried it, liked some features of it, hated others. The killer for me was the franchise mode problems. I'm a big franchise mode player so I had to stay with Madden. Yes Madden has bugs, but I'm going to buy whichever game works better for me.

Do I disagree with this, yes, like has been said, it kills competition. Will I still buy Madden? Yes.
will you pay for it new or buy it used?
Old 12-16-2004, 01:13 AM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't see how ESPN 2k5 could not be profitable towards Take Two. I mean I know they sold way more than last year, which makes up for the lack of sales last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »