Home

Roster Update for 2006 Football Season.

This is a discussion on Roster Update for 2006 Football Season. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2004, 09:33 PM   #9
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Roster Update for 2006 Football Season.

Don't even play that card cause VC would have done the same thing if they could have afforded it, so don't go there dude, they just didn't the assets to be able to, so don't blame EA it's not their fault they have more money to spend.[/quote]

I can't say what VC would do in the same situation,but obviously EA was feelin the pressure from VC ,so competing with VC they decided to take away everything needed to make a NFL Football game away ,so now EA has the only fooball game in town that features the real teams,logos,and players.

Old 12-18-2004, 11:44 PM   #10
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLo
Yes they can be stopped from doing this, they can't create any players or any player likenesses in any way. I know all you ESPN fans are hating this right now, and me being a huge fan of the Madden series I will admit that this is gonna take a lot away from the genre, however I have faith that EA can do it, and do it successfully IMHO.
What if a gamer simply prefers VC's take on NFL Football more than Madden's? Why can't they just play 2K5 even if Madden 2009 is out? Do you know how many Madden fans say they don't like ESPN because of the "feel".
Old 12-19-2004, 12:50 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
What if a gamer simply prefers VC's take on NFL Football more than Madden's? Why can't they just play 2K5 even if Madden 2009 is out? Do you know how many Madden fans say they don't like ESPN because of the "feel".
That's a very good point and I think one reason that alot of the people who liked ESPN better was so vehement in their defense of the game. I've said all along that some people just preferred something different, and in fact that's one aspect I liked about ESPN as well, despite loving Madden hard and for a long time I loved the "feel" that ESPN would give me when I'd pop it into my XBox.

This reason above is the reason that IGN and others have speculated EA will now try to buy or license the ESPN for Xbox and keep Madden on PS2 to milk both moo cows, while also getting exclusive rights licenses from Microsoft and Sony. It'd make smart business sense, give everyone a choice (assuming they have both systems and if not force them to pony up the snaps for a new XBox or PS2 depending on which game they want) and also give them the right to feel good about what it is they're doing in the industry by making all parties involved happy to the nth degree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2004, 02:38 AM   #12
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Don't even play that card cause VC would have done the same thing if they could have afforded it, so don't go there dude, they just didn't the assets to be able to, so don't blame EA it's not their fault they have more money to spend.[/quote]

In some countries its acceptable to stone your wife in public.. If it were legal here you would do it too right?? well not me

Monopolys are Unamerican..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »