Home

In my professional opinion..

This is a discussion on In my professional opinion.. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2004, 08:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
In my professional opinion..

Sega should continue to produce roster updates for 2k5. At the start of the next nfl season they should release a roster update with player edits (to better they play of the game like the ones posted here), added players, new salary info & rookies They were under contract with the nfl/nflpa for the 2k5 game so why can't they continue to produce roster updates for that game? If this is not possible by sega just give us a base to work with like just the # of the new rookie like in the college game so we can edit the name but the appearence would be correct.

Then upon the debut of the new systems release a college game to give EA a run for thier money in the college market. This will allow ample timer to produce a quality product here.

I'm a business man and this makes the most sense to me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2004, 08:53 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: In my professional opinion..

In my understanding they cannot come up with a rosters update. EA's contact says of now or whenever noone can use the NFL names and stadiums. So saying espn nfl 2k6 isnt coming out means that they cant use the nfl names before the next season starts.

SO if the roster update comes out cant they get sued? cause there using peoples names
Old 12-21-2004, 10:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
Sega should continue to produce roster updates for 2k5. At the start of the next nfl season they should release a roster update with player edits (to better they play of the game like the ones posted here), added players, new salary info & rookies They were under contract with the nfl/nflpa for the 2k5 game so why can't they continue to produce roster updates for that game? If this is not possible by sega just give us a base to work with like just the # of the new rookie like in the college game so we can edit the name but the appearence would be correct.

Then upon the debut of the new systems release a college game to give EA a run for thier money in the college market. This will allow ample timer to produce a quality product here.

I'm a business man and this makes the most sense to me?
That would be illegal..EA owns the rights to all internet and online NFL related gaming content for consoles, handhelds and any other format
Old 12-22-2004, 10:21 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroman4ever
That would be illegal..EA owns the rights to all internet and online NFL related gaming content for consoles, handhelds and any other format
Allright, then why can't the public produce this at the start of the new season to download for 2k5. Or would there just not be enough CAP space to do this?
Old 12-22-2004, 11:45 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
Allright, then why can't the public produce this at the start of the new season to download for 2k5. Or would there just not be enough CAP space to do this?
again..it would be illegal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2004, 12:28 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroman4ever
again..it would be illegal
The public can create those names and have them done via Action replay, that is not illegal.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:43 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
The public can create those names and have them done via Action replay, that is not illegal.
Exactly, I was reffering to a downlod via the internet AR,Sharkport etc..will there be enough CAP space in the game to do this? Also, we could also change the attributes of a retired player the facial appearence may be a little off but this will give us more room to work with.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:09 AM   #8
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

This would be alright, but it pretty much says that this game we love ESPN Football is perfect, which it is far from being. It still has a lot of annoying glitches that we wish would be removed. Unfortunately I guess Sega can not put out a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »