Home

EXTRA-EXTRA...Generic NFL Game Probable

This is a discussion on EXTRA-EXTRA...Generic NFL Game Probable within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2004, 06:04 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: EXTRA-EXTRA...Generic NFL Game Probable

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
Great quote! I'm for the GAMEPLAY not the visual bells and whistles. VC excels in the gameplay area!
Its a couple of reasons why people dont play NCAA. One, its not madden. Two, some people dont like college football and of course the name issue. NCAA still sell over a million copy for the past 2 years or so.

Its all about how VC crafts the game. If VC make the needed improvements while madden just add more fluff. I think the game should/would be financially success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2004, 06:15 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 5

i would rather see a college game......i would think one is coming so i would hope if they make that decision they take their time with it
Old 12-24-2004, 06:50 PM   #43
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

a college game would really help the pro game. i am importing the college players in to nba 2k5 (ps2) and it is a blast. i wasnt playing nba until i did that and it makes me appreciate it waaaaaaay more.

if the pro game has this addition, with real college teams, some, gamers who like immersion, would purchase the game solely to see how their draft class does.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:41 PM   #44
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
Atari Football
Ten Yard Fight
Tecmo Bowl (Had real players, but only selected teams)
John Elway Quarterback

That's all I can really remember, but I think there were a few more. Of course, this was early gaming and we've gone far beyond that now.

The latest sports games I can remember without licensing was Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball (only Jr. was named) and the Bases Loaded series.
awesome i LOVED THE BASES LOADED SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2004, 10:46 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTennessee
awesome i LOVED THE BASES LOADED SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loved Bases Loaded as well on the NES!

Secondly, does anyone remember the NCAA 2K3 game on XBOX? I do. it had Eric Crouch on the cover from Nebraska. I heard that VC actually did not do that game and that is the reason it sucked so bad but even so, there is a blueprint to use and an engine to update and improve upon. I'd like to see them bo an NCAA Football game AND add a generic Pro Game within it as well. Give me all the 105 Division 1 teams and 32 "generic" teams for online play. Might work well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2004, 10:57 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxboy7
Kurt Warner....Kurt.....
What does the former Seattle Seahawks Running Back have to do with Eli Manning?????
Old 12-26-2004, 12:56 AM   #47
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
Loved Bases Loaded as well on the NES!

Secondly, does anyone remember the NCAA 2K3 game on XBOX? I do. it had Eric Crouch on the cover from Nebraska. I heard that VC actually did not do that game and that is the reason it sucked so bad but even so, there is a blueprint to use and an engine to update and improve upon. I'd like to see them bo an NCAA Football game AND add a generic Pro Game within it as well. Give me all the 105 Division 1 teams and 32 "generic" teams for online play. Might work well!
shockingly i have ncaa fb 2k3.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:57 PM   #48
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

Yup, I owned NCAA 2k2 (for DC) and NCAA 2k3 (for ps2). 2k3 was made by Avalanche Software and had promise, but too many little things killed it. There are some great things to take from the game, though.

1) Stadiums: they're stadiums looked beautiful and were more accurate than EA's.
2) Logos/Unis: you already got them in...use 'em. Miami's unis were correct in 2k3 unlike the "Denver Bronco" Hurricanes in EA.

3) ESPN: Need I say more?

The ground work is there already. Use the player models from 2k5, add in the fight songs from NCAA 2k3 and NCAA CH 2k5 (since VC makes that as well), add in a viable option game, use the recruiting model College Hoops, and get some sort of polling system and you're set.

How much "new" stuff needs to be added. Just combine all the great elements from the games you already make and you're set!

Go Badgers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »