Home

Sega wants to get rid of VC, Take2 interested

This is a discussion on Sega wants to get rid of VC, Take2 interested within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2004, 03:53 AM   #9
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Sega wants to get rid of VC, Take2 interested

Good post, thanx for the links.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:51 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I think T2 took a long term approach and VC knew they were developing for their survival. T2 traded short term profits for long term market share. Sega wants out of the sport gaming business and T2 wants in the business. VC is still upset about how EA dropped them off Madden. This should equal good games.
For one thing I knew Sega would eventually get rid of VC because they no longer needed VC seeing how they aren't in the hardware business anymore. Sega only bought VC so they would have sports games on the Dreamcast knowing EA wasn't going to bring their games to the Dreamcast.

IMO it was VC who left EA and not EA getting rid of VC. If you look at all the innovating VC has done between the launch of the Dreamcast with NFL2K and ESPN NFL 2K5 you'll notice VC has done more for Sports gaming than EA has. VC more likely got tired of the crap EA was trying to push on its customers and decided to stop working for EA. September 2000 NFL2K1 was the first online football game and Madden was still only on the PS1. A lot of the stuff you take for granted online today was started by VC/Sega and not EA. If it were up to EA you'd be playing online games with 2 tin cups and a string.

Take2 does have something up their sleeves because they knew what EA was up to. They're trying to at least give gamers a choice. The ESPN line of games plus Top Spin, Amped and the Links golf games (which IMO are the best Tennis, Snowboard and Golf games) is a very good line-up compared to what EA has to offer.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:15 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
For one thing I knew Sega would eventually get rid of VC because they no longer needed VC seeing how they aren't in the hardware business anymore. Sega only bought VC so they would have sports games on the Dreamcast knowing EA wasn't going to bring their games to the Dreamcast.

IMO it was VC who left EA and not EA getting rid of VC. If you look at all the innovating VC has done between the launch of the Dreamcast with NFL2K and ESPN NFL 2K5 you'll notice VC has done more for Sports gaming than EA has. VC more likely got tired of the crap EA was trying to push on its customers and decided to stop working for EA. September 2000 NFL2K1 was the first online football game and Madden was still only on the PS1. A lot of the stuff you take for granted online today was started by VC/Sega and not EA. If it were up to EA you'd be playing online games with 2 tin cups and a string.

Take2 does have something up their sleeves because they knew what EA was up to. They're trying to at least give gamers a choice. The ESPN line of games plus Top Spin, Amped and the Links golf games (which IMO are the best Tennis, Snowboard and Golf games) is a very good line-up compared to what EA has to offer.

EA did drop VC. This was the year that the PS1 did not have Madden just gameday. I like both VC and tiburon. I just dont like the business practices of EA.

I been playing 2k football since 9/9/99. I also own both the xbox and ps2 version of the game.

I think T2 line up is really strong and I am looking forward to next year games.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »