Home

has anyone notice this

This is a discussion on has anyone notice this within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2004, 06:01 PM   #17
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: has anyone notice this

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_essence
speed is global. rudy already stated the point. If it was position specific, certain lineman would have 80-90 speed making them the faster lineman in the game. But theres no olineman faster than 40 speed.
Speed isnt global, VC has said it differs position by position. You find me an article stating that ESPN has global speed and I'll believe you, until then I'm gonna have to stand by what VC said.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:43 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think speed is global, but the difference between T.O. and other wide recievers in Espn is that T.O has a high stamina rating. therefore he could constantly run at 84 speed whille, some else might slow down after about 20 yards.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:59 PM   #19
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

VC (stands for Visual Concepts, you know the people who make the game) has said speed differs by position, a 90 DE isn't as fast as a 90 WR.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:54 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_essence
speed is global. rudy already stated the point. If it was position specific, certain lineman would have 80-90 speed making them the faster lineman in the game. But theres no olineman faster than 40 speed.
Just set up a practice, offense only, from the other team's 40. Hand it off to the HB and time him until he hits the endzone. Now stick a WR, and TE, and OL, etc. in the HB position and hand it off to them, and time them all. Just make sure all ther Speed and Stamina is the same rating. I did all that with a couple of positions: everyone who was and 90, ran like a 90, and everyone who was a 50 ran like a 50 -- from what I observed.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:09 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus
That's the reason why I finally switched to ESPN this year (I had been a long time Madden PC gamer before this year). There some fundamental problems that EA refuses to address. While madden 05' was being produced (during the usual slew of internet interviews with the produciton team), Tibron producers admited to misrating player intentionally to make the good players look that much better on the field. That's all fine to me if it EA weren't claiming Madden to be a football simlation.
That all sounds cool. However, you don't think Sega/VC did the same thing? The ratings are intentionally off in 2K5 as well. K's and P's are ALL slowpokes and some have Tackle ratings higher than D players. Peyton Manning is like 68 Speed??!! Coverboy nitwit TO is 90 strength and 90 Break Tackle – that's a joke. The ratings in 2K5 are as whacked out as any sports game I've seen. And check Consistency ratings – all over the map. Some players are 1! ONE Consistency!! That's bl**dy idiotic. That's “The game’s about to start so he puts his helmet on, runs down the tunnel, and now he doesn’t feel like trying any longer.”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2004, 10:00 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That all sounds cool. However, you don't think Sega/VC did the same thing? The ratings are intentionally off in 2K5 as well. K's and P's are ALL slowpokes and some have Tackle ratings higher than D players. Peyton Manning is like 68 Speed??!! Coverboy nitwit TO is 90 strength and 90 Break Tackle – that's a joke. The ratings in 2K5 are as whacked out as any sports game I've seen. And check Consistency ratings – all over the map. Some players are 1! ONE Consistency!! That's bl**dy idiotic. That's “The game’s about to start so he puts his helmet on, runs down the tunnel, and now he doesn’t feel like trying any longer.”
nah, baa7. I'm not saying that VC's ratings are ideal; instead, ESPN's misratings do not cause the same severe issues in gameplay which do occur in Madden's (from Madden's misratings). Madden's misratings cause alot of the gameplay problems maddenites have complained about for years. ESPN may have its problems too; however they just do not have nearly the same severe gameplay implications that madden has.

(I certainly agree with you that ESPN's ratings are off too. I was actually about to make another post complaining that some draftees in franchise are misrated in ESPN actually. no RB makes it to the combine with a 4.9 40-speed!-lol. ESPN may have rushed their ratings from what I've seen but they just don't hamper gameplay nearly as bad as madden's does.)

be EZ :-)
Old 12-31-2004, 10:15 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
VC (stands for Visual Concepts, you know the people who make the game) has said speed differs by position, a 90 DE isn't as fast as a 90 WR.
VC says a lot of things. Just play the game and you can easily tell that it is global.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:17 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
And check Consistency ratings – all over the map. Some players are 1! ONE Consistency!! That's bl**dy idiotic. That's “The game’s about to start so he puts his helmet on, runs down the tunnel, and now he doesn’t feel like trying any longer.”
I noticed this last year with mark simoneau of the eagles. 59 rating overall and a 1 consis rating. They didn't do anything to that this year . If you were in the titanium bowl, they released a roster for everyone to use. They changed everyone who had a consistency of 80 or below to 90+. This made almost every defensive player with a 80+ overall. If only sega can just use these rosters..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »