Home

Old Draft Glitch - Any New News?

This is a discussion on Old Draft Glitch - Any New News? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #9
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Old Draft Glitch - Any New News?

well i didnt need any of those players so i signed a KICKER in the first round to my team.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTennessee
well i didnt need any of those players so i signed a KICKER in the first round to my team.
Why would you draft a kicker in the first round!?! Unless you win the Superbowl every year then you can draft a kicker but besides that?

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
Old 01-13-2005, 01:58 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
In 2004, 11 first round draft picks were either a QB, RB, T or DE. In 2003, 14 first round draft picks were a QB, RB, T or DE.

In other words, 39% of first round draft picks in the last two years have been a QB, RB, T or DE.

In other words, 61% of first round draft picks in the last two years were not a QB, RB, T or DE.

In other words, 61% of the first round draft programming in 2K5 is messed up. I personally would call that a glitch, and I would call it a major – as in 61% majority – glitch .
Yeah, it's a big glitch.

It really messes up trading your first round pick or trading up in the first round. If I want to move up from the 18th pick to the 2nd in the first round I might offer two 1sts, this year's and next. But at 18 the team I trade to will be getting a 64 rated QB for their trouble, while I get my stud runner or whatever. I like to trade up in the first round, so for me this is really problamatic - it's no longer a game if you can't play to win - crippling other clubs is no fun. Same thing if I want to trade a 1st round pick for an aging star.

Other problems this glitch creates include all teams picking 12th or later effectively losing their first round picks; I've seen teams like the Bengals choose a blue chip QB to go along with Palmer, sign him to big money and ruin their cap situation; the good teams sign scrubs to big contracts every year, cut them, and take yearly cap penalties thereby. I think it's a pretty big, Franchise killing (or crippling) glitch.

If you don't think it's a glitch then why post?

Taking control of all teams works, but free agency and roster moves become a pain thereafter.

I just want to actually play franchise instead of trying to work around this glitch and make endless house rules for myself.

Does anyone actually have suggestions?

Would Sega ever release a patch for this problem? It's got to be about the simplest programming fix ever. Someone with more knowledge of the industry have an opinion?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2005, 03:03 PM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't understand how some things regressed from 2K4. Its like they built in mistakes that weren't there by accident when trying to improve them. This area just feels rushed in a big way.

They spent all their time on weekly prep which is time consuming and who knows how it works. Its a very cool idea that most gamers probably ignore. It would have been much better to have a more simple prep system: mood (happy,angy, indifferent) and practice regimen (hard, medium, or light) with game balls and other stuff thrown in. All of the options they give are impressive but overwhelming and largely skipped over.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 01-13-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:16 AM   #13
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3
Cool Re: Old Draft Glitch - Any New News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Fan
Why would you draft a kicker in the first round!?! Unless you win the Superbowl every year then you can draft a kicker but besides that?
i missed the playoffs b/c my friggin kicker on my created team couldnt nail a FORTY YARD FIELD GOAL in a DOME! and it cost us a shot at the playoffs so i kicked his sorry tail off the team and drafted a power kicker its alot better now cuz my rookie help to win a game in this season 27-24 on a 55 yard FG and hes a 85 so thats pretty good for a rookie kicker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »