Home

Game Informer (about 2K6)

This is a discussion on Game Informer (about 2K6) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #33
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Game Informer (about 2K6)

All I care about is gameplay. I could care less if the NFL players and stadiums are in the game. But I think I am in the minority.

Look where great gameplay and poor graphics got High Heat Baseball. Best gameplay in a baseball game ever. It still beats what is out there. But without the flashy graphics and smooth animations, the average gamer would not even give it a chance.

I hope ESPN kicks EA's butt in baseball, basketball, and hockey, so it can still put out a Professional Football game for the next 5 years. Hopefully by then, the NFL will not be EA exclusive.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #34
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Looks like its all but over now
Old 01-17-2005, 05:49 PM   #35
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

does anyone actually have Game informer to verify that the article was in it?

Just wondering since I don’t get the mag...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic

Yeah...how legitimate is that article? Anyone seen it? What issue??
Old 01-17-2005, 11:25 PM   #37
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic

It's there.

I don't remember it saying anything about an actual title as the original posted, but it did say that SEGA will be making some sort of football game for next year.

The employee quote was also in the latest issue of Game Informer (Fantastic Four cover).
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 01-18-2005, 12:00 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klue516
Looks like its all but over now
It could be just beginning. Here's why....

Madden and Visual Concepts are no longer competitors in the NFL football game market because...VC can't make an NFL game. VC now competes with Midway to capture the fringe market that wants a "different" football experience. Not to say VC will make something as radical as Midway intends to, but with the burden of competing with EA over...VC/Sega can explore new markets and still get a piece of the multi-billion videogame industry. Go to a EB games and see how many "fringe" games there are that "someone" buys. Heck, there is a Bad Boys game (after the movie) that is terrible...but it sells! VC just has to identify their niche and market...and adjust accordingly. Remember...Madden is no longer their competition!
Old 01-18-2005, 02:13 AM   #39
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
It could be just beginning. Here's why....

Madden and Visual Concepts are no longer competitors in the NFL football game market because...VC can't make an NFL game. VC now competes with Midway to capture the fringe market that wants a "different" football experience. Not to say VC will make something as radical as Midway intends to, but with the burden of competing with EA over...VC/Sega can explore new markets and still get a piece of the multi-billion videogame industry. Go to a EB games and see how many "fringe" games there are that "someone" buys. Heck, there is a Bad Boys game (after the movie) that is terrible...but it sells! VC just has to identify their niche and market...and adjust accordingly. Remember...Madden is no longer their competition!
Alot of folks don't realize this. Sega STILL has a few bullets left..You have a:

-lucrative market, with more than enough room for a fringe players.
-a loyal, growing fanbase.
-a solid engine thats already in place (they're not starting from scratch, development cost will still be less than 99% of the games coming out).
-a ton of newfound development cash that would have went to the league and the players association.

I look at it like the racing genre...Yeah, you'd think that people would ONLY want to buy games that feature licensed cars, but games without lic cars still sell well...IF THE GAME IS GOOD.

Its far from over. Its going to be SOOO satisfying when VC drops some anonymous football game that STILL beats the pants off Madden in quality.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:45 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 4

vc better wise up & make an ncaa game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »