Home

Game Informer (about 2K6)

This is a discussion on Game Informer (about 2K6) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Game Informer (about 2K6)

This was posted at another board (I don't have the magazine myself) :

"Game Informer said that ESPN is not ready to give up football and are leaning to TOTAL CUSTOMIZATION FOOTBALL!!!

It did say that there will be a game next year, along with a $50 price tag.

There was also a quote from an unnamed VC employee who said "Luke might've just had his hand
cut off by Vader, and Han bight be frozen in carbonite and in the hands of Jabba, but that's
just the end of act two, and the war with the evil Empire isn't over yet. Not by a longshot,"
according to Game Informer."

I'm not sure about the $50 though. They will have to come in significantly lower than Madden imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Game Informer (about 2K6)

Man that's great news if true.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

That would be wonderful! I really hope they continue the good fight.

With the splash they made with 2K5, they should and deserve to have the price point back to normal. I believe they're one of the hardest working developers out there.

If they make it highly customizable I think they should also try to strike a partnership deal with Action Replay (or other like products) to help bolster sales. They could scratch each others back on this.

This kind of reminds me of the flight sim communities. They are a devoted bunch. Out of the box, Microsoft wasn't allowed to include real world airliners so the community started creating their own. Now you can find every airport, flight plan and airline with correct logos. It's as real as it gets.

It will also be good because it will create a sense of community I think. There are a lot of talented people out there who will contribute purely for the love of the game. That's what it's all about! We've already seen glimpses of this in the sliders and rosters threads.

Who knows, maybe we can look back and thank EA for kick starting a new era.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't know if I'll spend $50 for a non-NFL (based on fiction) football game, I think they'll have to lower the price quite a bit to get significant sales, I loved ESPN NFL 2k5, but I don't know how much I'd have liked ESPN Fictional Football League 2k5.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:40 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
I don't know if I'll spend $50 for a non-NFL (based on fiction) football game, I think they'll have to lower the price quite a bit to get significant sales, I loved ESPN NFL 2k5, but I don't know how much I'd have liked ESPN Fictional Football League 2k5.
I think you are totally missing the point.
Yeah....out of the box it will be fictional....but in a week....with all the roster junkies out there...it will be a perfect re-creation of the real NFL
....and a better playing football game if Sega stays in the direction it is going in the gameplay department.

Would'nt it be funny if this mega deal turned out to be the thing that actually hampered EA's progress as a monolithic company. That pricetag is a big nut to be shelling out...and now Sega does not have to spend that money on licensing, so it can use that money elsewhere.
If Sega does come through with a football game next year...I myself will definitely be doing rosters. I've really only done them with baseball, but with some help from some serious stat guys(football)....the community should be able to come up with realistic attributes...the rest is easy.
AND...the first thing that Sega should do is give it's source code to Flyin Finn(of the ESPN Hockey editor) so that he can produce a total ESPN Football editor, so that editing on the PC and then transferring to XBox and PS2 would be possible.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2005, 11:13 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Yeah, but what about stadiums? I mean, I'd love a create-a-stadium feature as much as the next guy. but I doubt that the mode will have an option such as a buccaneer ship, or like Seattle's seating on the South end.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-15-2005, 11:19 PM   #7
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I think you are totally missing the point.
Yeah....out of the box it will be fictional....but in a week....with all the roster junkies out there...it will be a perfect re-creation of the real NFL
....and a better playing football game if Sega stays in the direction it is going in the gameplay department.

Would'nt it be funny if this mega deal turned out to be the thing that actually hampered EA's progress as a monolithic company. That pricetag is a big nut to be shelling out...and now Sega does not have to spend that money on licensing, so it can use that money elsewhere.
If Sega does come through with a football game next year...I myself will definitely be doing rosters. I've really only done them with baseball, but with some help from some serious stat guys(football)....the community should be able to come up with realistic attributes...the rest is easy.
AND...the first thing that Sega should do is give it's source code to Flyin Finn(of the ESPN Hockey editor) so that he can produce a total ESPN Football editor, so that editing on the PC and then transferring to XBox and PS2 would be possible.

M.K.
Knight165

Well I didn't miss it and your thoughts and ideas on this are just what the gaming community should do and most likely will,the main thing for Sega/VC IMO is to stay the course and not just bow down to the evil empires clutchs...yes I am pleased to hear that the fights not over without at least making an attempt to see how gamers would react...my thoughts are that this news would be a welcomed and inspiring venture for 2K fans everywhere.

Put the game out there and I'm sure its gonna sell even at the standard price of 49.99 or 50 bucks I'd pay it because of their past work in delivering the NFL in the format they've been known for and even without the NFL license which by the way saves them money that can be targeted eles where to create an absolutly first rate game of Football this could be the best thing to really get them focusing on the gameplay issues and filter out the bugs...this can be done and sounds like its taking shape already with this news if confirmed to be true.

Remember guys...

"It ain't always the size of da dawg in da fight, sometimes its da fight thats inside that der dawg boys,so look out he's still got his teeth!!!"

Holla Back ya'll
Old 01-15-2005, 11:29 PM   #8
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

They did not come out and say it in the article but it sounds like its the college route!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »