Home

HUGE NEWS!!!

This is a discussion on HUGE NEWS!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #65
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: HUGE NEWS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic
Yeah, but you keep forgetting, people know about Sega game and like it...

Even if we just focus on casual fans who bought ESPN, do you think they would dislike it now just because there isn't an ESPN license.

As far as that NFL license, a total customization game would solve the problem (and is even mentioned in game informer apparently) Not to mention with customization, we would have accurate teams and roster up within a week of release and distributed before Madden could say "tough acting Tinactin!"
How exactly do you know people like Segas game? Because you read positive posts in a forum devoted to the game itself?

Plus YES, the casual gamer will forget about the gameplay next year, that is why they are casual. This is what people are telling you.

Finally you expect the casual gamer to learn how to download a roster file off of a website to get real teams and names. Perhaps you haven't met the general public, try spending about 4 hours at any retail desk and then get back to me.

I'm sure Sega and Take Two will bank their fortunes on such grand logic. I can see the conversation now.

Rep 1: Crap man, we just lost the NFL and ESPN. How the hell are we going to move copies.

Rep 2: Don't worry there are at least a couple of hundred guys over at OS that think our game is the shiznit!

Rep 1: Yeah, but that is only a couple of hundred.

Rep 2: Yeah but they say everyone knows who we are now and like our game!

Rep 1: I'm sold, lets start production on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2005, 04:46 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
World Soccer Winning Eleven 7...

I don’t play soccer, but from what I gather EA has the license, but Winning Eleven, simply is a better game...

I don’t see them having any problems...

People already know about Sega’s games, heck they’ve been around for years… The lack of the NFL wont matter if the customization is there.

The lack of ESPN wont matter since they did fin on the dreamcast…

I think if the soccer game is doing well, Sega can do even better…
This is a very good point.

Sega won't have the licensing and ESPN anymore but it still can'tstop them from creating a good realistic football game. And if what they said earlier was true; about it being highly customizable. I still have no problems with this... as much as it all sucks.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 PM   #67
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
How exactly do you know people like Segas game? Because you read positive posts in a forum devoted to the game itself?

Plus YES, the casual gamer will forget about the gameplay next year, that is why they are casual. This is what people are telling you.

Finally you expect the casual gamer to learn how to download a roster file off of a website to get real teams and names. Perhaps you haven't met the general public, try spending about 4 hours at any retail desk and then get back to me.

I'm sure Sega and Take Two will bank their fortunes on such grand logic. I can see the conversation now.

Rep 1: Crap man, we just lost the NFL and ESPN. How the hell are we going to move copies.

Rep 2: Don't worry there are at least a couple of hundred guys over at OS that think our game is the shiznit!

LMAO in my future i see vc programmers in the unemployment line or applying at tiburon
Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yeah, but you keep forgetting, people know about Sega game and like it...

Even if we just focus on casual fans who bought ESPN, do you think they would dislike it now just because there isn't an ESPN license.

As far as that NFL license, a total customization game would solve the problem (and is even mentioned in game informer apparently) Not to mention with customization, we would have accurate teams and rosters up within a week of release and distributed before Madden could say "tough acting Tinactin!"
If you think thousands of casual gamers are going to want to buy a game that has no NFL license, which will require them to have to download other peripherals and addons, and rosters, you are sadly mistaken.

As to ESPN, maybe they're the ones that dictated the contract, and maybe Sega didn't have much to bargain with once the NFL license was gone?
Old 01-17-2005, 04:51 PM   #69
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

I know people like Sega’s games because their sales went up with e $20 price. That means more people tried it, and some of those people liked it and kept it...

That being said, If Sega can find an easy way to distribute player rosters, or 1 official player created roster, then the possibilities are endless...

I think you dumb down the public too much and look at this situation through pessimistic glasses...
Old 01-17-2005, 04:55 PM   #70
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I know people like Sega’s games because their sales went up with e $20 price. That means more people tried it, and some of those people liked it and kept it...

That being said, If Sega can find an easy way to distribute player rosters, or 1 official player created roster, then the possibilities are endless...

I think you dumb down the public too much and look at this situation through pessimistic glasses...
Dude you win, you have beat me into submission. Having a discusion with you is like talking to my wife, neither one of you lets facts or logic get in the way.

All of this is pointless anyway, lets first see them announce an official game next year, nevermind one in 2006, before we determine how bad it will sell.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:02 PM   #71
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

A couple of hundred? Brah, they sold close to 4 million copies. That's nothing to sneeze at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2005, 05:06 PM   #72
Pro

Erratic's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
A couple of hundred? Brah, they sold close to 4 million copies. That's nothing to sneeze at.

That was my point, but apparently, I argue like his wife...

Maybe she is right most of the time too...

But back on point...

If the Game informer mag is accurate (and they go ahead with customization) and Sega fine tunes its already great gameplay then I don’t believe it will have a problem with or without a Fox (or whatever) liquescence.

It will have to advertise though, and get the word out once again that gameplay, and not names or licenses is king...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »